Delorme InReach SE

usmcvet

Jul 8, 2013
Getting ready for this years archery hunt. Just received my SE in the mail today. Sounds like a great idea for emergencies & letting everyone back home you're ok where there is no cell coverage. Has anyone used this & if so what's your thoughts on it?

its a fancy new gps unit that you can send emails and text with . ill still keep my compass  ;D  but its a cool toy to have

It's got an emergency SOS button that sends your coordinates to emergency search & rescue; 10 minute tracking intervals that send a pin drop on a map in an email to recipients if you so choose; the ability to send & receive text messages all through the Iridium Satellite system - same as sat phones use. It just added a "Freedom Contract" that allows you to subscribe to satellite services for a single month only & then suspend your service until you need it again.

My 66 year old dad bought one and he is happy with it. When he goes out on any trip he sends me updates from it. I can also track him on his trip. So far it has worked good. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back