Dirt Nap Broadheads

Had not heard of them prior to your post. Found a couple of YouTube reviews, but not much else. Price on them looks reasonable too. I would be interested in hearing some reports of actual use on game if anybody has some info.

I just ordered a pack of them. I'm going to try them out on a turkey this spring and see what happens. They seem reasonably priced and have a lifetime warranty.

Rich Z said:
I just ordered a pack of them. I'm going to try them out on a turkey this spring and see what happens. They seem reasonably priced and have a lifetime warranty.

Have you been able to use these broadheads yet? How do they fly? Are they silent? What are your thoughts?

Wasn't able to get a turkey with them but I'd did shot them several different times and them seem to fly great most of the time. I did have some issues shootin in high winds but I can't confirm that was the broadheads issue (likely my fault). I didn't have any issues with sound from them. I even had a buddy shoot them out of my bow while I stood down range to listen for excessive noise.

Hope this helps.

I just bought a pack , haven't got to shoot them yet. Have one that won't spin, it's not the arrow, I think it may be warped a bit.. But I'll still shoot it and see.

I had the same issue with the one head not spinning true. I tried it on several arrows with the same results. I love the design of these heads though.

I shot 3 100 gn. broadheads together at 20 yds. just a little bit ago to compare penetration in my broadhead target. I have not broadhead tuned my bow yet but field points are dead on. In the pic are left to right, VPA 3 blade non-vented, Dirtnap double bevel and a Slick Trick Magnum. The Dirtnap flew the closest to my field points, The Slick Trick was a close 2nd and the VPA's were off by 3" right and 1" low. The other pics show how much arrow was still sticking out. 1st is the Slick Trick, Dirtnap then VPA. The VPA penetrated to deepest but also has the smallest cutting diameter. So those are my results of just a quick test of the heads.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 6
  • slicktrick.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 6
  • dirtnap.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 3
  • vpa.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 3
Hycntryhtr said:
I just bought a pack , haven't got to shoot them yet. Have one that won't spin, it's not the arrow, I think it may be warped a bit.. But I'll still shoot it and see.
If you send the warped broadhead back to him he will send you a new one. Great costumer service.

Worked on my bear.  Good blood, fletchings hung up on the far side so not quite a complete pass through but close.  I shot the 100 gr about 12 yards braodside from a treestand.  Slightly low and back from the boiler room, so back of both lungs and liver hit.  Bear went about 80 yards and pulled out the arrow.  I tracked him to that point that night as it was getting dark and couldn't get any closer.  Probably made it another 40-50 yards and piled up.  The blades broke off from the threads, and they said they are sending a replacement which I love (as I have shot magnus stingers that also have a lifetime guarantee).

So I guess my last questions for you guys is how silent are these and are you going to use them on your elk this year?

Edit: Just re-read RichZ's comments. Sounds like they are silent. 

You can order a single one to do you own testing, I just did, hopefully they shoot well, I've been using the Shuttle T's for years and have never looked at any others, but figured it would be worth a shot.

From what I have ready they do shoot well. I was just curious more about what people thought as far as taking down an elk. I just want one that will do that, then I can definitely get a mule deer down.

I'm holding off, still think my stingers fly better (simple two blade).  But will still give them another workout next summer.

I bought some his year to try out and I really like them so far, in windy times with a dead on wind they have a hiss to them but I don't notice it very much.  I had to make minor adjustments when switched from my field tips

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back