Do you change tactics when it rains?

If its not a torentual down poor we put on our silent rain wear and hunt very aggresively. Where we hunt the elk seem to be very active pre, during, and post rain. Lost calf calls seem to drive the bulls crazy and we get some intensly close encounters. We push in super close to bugling bulls and then get very aggresive on the calls seems to work for us. I love to wake up to a light rain in the morning, no doubt which areas we are gonna go, tracking can get a lotta bit sketchy but we have always recovered.

A few years back it was pouring down rain and decided to leave camp to make a phone call on a top of a ridge.  My buddy's on the phone and I get out of the truck and it's flat coming down,  lightning crashing and for shits and giggles I bugle and OMG got a hit right away I couldn't believe it.  We tried to get this bull to come but he ended up getting our scent somehow and vanished.  Still was amazing though,  so I guess the question is do you want to get wet? Cuz I don't think the Elk really care about the rain.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back