Do you hunt every year?

Jimbow65

Dec 28, 2012
Do you hunt every year? multiple states?

I heave only got to hunt twice in recent years, 2010 and 2012, Driving from PA, it is a big time and money commitment. hopefully it will be an every other year event.

Big game?  I would hunt every year but Nv is a lottery state and I've been averaging a mule deer tag every 3 years or so.  I drew an antelope tag my 1st time in so I had a 5 year waiting period to put back in.  I have now 3 bonus points for antelope.  Elk is almost a once in a lifetime here in Nevada.  If you draw a tag and are successful you have a 10 year waiting period.  It usually takes 12+ points to draw.  Good animals here just hard to get a tag and I'm a resident.

I hunt every year in Oregon, we can buy our tag over the counter for general bow season, but for the good units like weneha and mt emily its a 11 to 16 points to draw.

18 in a row and going strong!  That includes one year with my wife due with our 3rd child and radios set up for that call to come quick if she had gone into labor early.  I made it home with 3 days to spare (and my tag filled ;) )

Every year for me. I don't think I could go a year without a hunt. I at least hunt general season archery deer and elk in Utah. I put in for New Mexico on the outside chance I draw. I am playing the bonus point game in Colorado and Wyoming. I plan to cash in on a deer ya in Wyoming this year as well as my Wyoming antelope tag. I spend at least three weeks of vacation hunting and as many weekends as possible especially the Wasatch front extended archery hunt.

I hunt every year since the age of twelve.  OTC tags in Oregon and Idaho. Im glad those states are not all draw.

I do get to hunt deer here In PA, it starts the first of october, thru mid-November, then out 2-weeks, then rifle season for 2-weeks, then about 3-weeks after Christmas. I live in some good deer area, so I will hunt almost every evening when there is enough light after work and of course Saturdays, no Sunday hunting here in PA Yet.

I live in SW Michigan, and your right, with today's gas prices, it does make it a  expensive trip. I pull a 6' x 14' tandem axle cargo trailer, to haul all my gear, and my mileage sucks pulling the trailer.
But I still go out west Elk hunting some place for about 2 weeks every year DIY.

Kevin

Living in the right state will allow you the chance to go every year.  It still isn't cheap with gas/diesel prices these days.  Even just getting to a base camp can be pretty expensive. 

Primitive said:
Living in the right state will allow you the chance to go every year.  It still isn't cheap with gas/diesel prices these days.  Even just getting to a base camp can be pretty expensive.

You mention just getting to base camp can be expensive. Who has a set budget and what is it each year if you don't mind sharing. I don't set an amount but probably should. If I had to guess I probably spend $2000-$10,000 a year depending on if I go on a guided hunt. Buying equipment, tags and attending banquets can add up fast.

Every year for at least 17 years. Most years I will hunt 2-3 states but there have been a few years where I just hunted 1 or 2 states.

I buy 2 nonresident OTC Idaho tags every year since 2003 when they first allowed you to do so and I also hunt Montana on OTC each year as well. If I could not hunt elk each year, please bury me! 

If I did not hunt every year my wife would have to kick me out around hunting season because she would get tired of me wearing camo, not shaving, smelling like rutting elk, calling like elk, rolling in a self made wallow and last but not least...peeing on myself ;)

I spend as much time as possible outdoors.  If I didn't hunt every year I would go crazy, but very lucky the family lets me spend as much time as I do each spring and fall.  Taking advantage as much as I can, because there will be a day when I can't when I'm older.

Every year in MN. Seven years out west S.Dakota Colorado and Idaho six years straight and going again this year. Should be living in Colorado by this summer.

I don't think there is any way I could go a year without hunting. Even when I was pregnant, I was hunting. I didn't care. Nothing will stop me!  ;)

Cant imagine not hunting elk every year. I am blessed to live out west in a state with OTC elk and mule deer tags. I live and breath the outdoors so huntin and fishin are my life when I'm not at work. I work so I can support my huntin and fishin addiction.

35 years straight so far and at least another30 to go ;) .did miss 1 bow season with my arm in a cast but didnt stop the riffle hunt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back