Do you hunt every year?

Every year; Rifle elk, two rifle deer, rifle bear, and mountain lion and wolf tags just in case.

More than anything else, it is important to me to be able to hunt every year. 

Been on a steady streak since 2010. Elk and Mule Deer, this year putting in for black bear.

Is it September yet???

15 years in a row. Fortunate enough to live in a state with incredible hunting opportunity, and an open season on something every day of the year. Unfortunately for those without the opportunity, the chances of getting a good bull obviously increase with every year that you hunt them. I like to compare it to winning the lottery, you can't win if you don't buy a ticket,and you can't catch fish if you're line isn't in the water.

I have just started going out West but intend on going every year. The cost of the trip is just under or right around $1,000. Cost is tag, fuel, and food. That obviously doesn't account for taxidermy expenses or gear upgrades.

I didn't think it was going to happen this year, but it is about 55% on the positive side for this year. I have to get the OK from the accountant (wife)
but its an OTC tag, and the crew has 2-open spots. see what time holds

New to this site,but looked awhile. I've hunted every year for 35+,mostly deer. But 6 years straight now on bulls,hooked. I'm lucky I live now in some of the best elk country in NM. I put in for the draw and now get LO tags for my place,use  for back up. So far 6 for 6 in draw. Have come real close to the BIG one every year,but they won so far. Passed on many very good bulls doing so. Dialing down the mark this year. Good Luck on the draws everyone.

In states like Idaho we forget sometimes how good we have it. I feel very fortunate to know I will have a tag and be able to hunt every year. Although I am jealous of some of the sheds the Utah boys are finding.  ;D

Only if I am breathing.  Only one state now, but am hoping to further my income to increase that also.

For the past 10 years since I moved to Idaho. I at least OTC deer,elk,bear every year. and this year I have drew a antalope and cow elk tag.
For this reason and a few others, this is why i retired here after 22 years of USAF. I do want to get back to Pa for some whitetail hunting in the next couple years.

Absolute YES, I hunt every year.  I'm fortunate to live in a state where I can hunt elk every year without extravagant costs.  I hunt either sex archery elk and deer and take my son out with the rifle.  Is it September YET?? ;D

Every year for a long time. I missed a year or two in college but I have a pocket full of tags again this year!

I wish i could only afford to do so i try and get out of state every year but to elk hunt every year isnt in the pocket book i try for every other at this point. maybe one day elk will be cheaper to chase every year lol. i almost jumped at trying two years in a row but i do not want to go back to Idaho so im starting over at finding a new place with decent odds any ideas ill take them. the past few trips to the Selway have not been kind. :-\

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back