Exo, Kuiu, or Kifaru??

Having only owned a Sitka Ascent day pack and more recently my EXO 3500, I can only speak from experience.  I was in desperate need of apack capable of hauling meat.  I narrowed down my options to the Tenzing 4000 (because I could actually try one on), EXO 3500, and stone glacier (many different version).

After months of research I settled on the EXO and never looked back.  At over 7lbs the Tenzing was out right away.  The price of the Stone Glacier scared me a little, as well as a lack of organization.  The EXO seemed like the perfect mix.  After getting the opportunity to pack out an elk this year, I couldn't be happier.  Carried hind quarter, tenderloins, backstraps, and burger scraps (in addition to normal pack contents) without issue.  Watching how much my partner was struggling (with a badlands day pack) made it all the more enjoyable!

Big Country,

Glad to meet another fan of the Exo!  It's hard to describe the exact reasons I love the Exo Pack but I think overall function is my main sticking point.  It has a great combination of organization without being too heavy and the price point, though steep, is not up there with Stone Glacier.

I mention in my review of the 3500 that it just makes sense.  I'm really anxious to see where Exo goes with their designs over the next few years. 

Man...I love talking packs!

-Emory
www.bylandco.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back