Game bags

I use the Alaskan bags and they are probably the older version.  I also vacuum them but unless I'm backpacking in and camping, I only carry two smaller ones in my daypack since I wouldn't be able to use more on the first trip back to the vehicle where I keep the other bags.  If I end up packing in this year, I'll definately look at the Northern Alaskan bags.

COLOelkman said:
I use the Alaskan bags and they are probably the older version.  I also vacuum them but unless I'm backpacking in and camping, I only carry two smaller ones in my daypack since I wouldn't be able to use more on the first trip back to the vehicle where I keep the other bags.  If I end up packing in this year, I'll definately look at the Northern Alaskan bags.

Is there an older version and a newer version? I just got mine last fall so I don't know what I have

I hadn't heard of the "northern" version that Cory mentioned.  I'm guessing mine are the older version since I've always cleaned and reused my bags whereas Cory noted he uses his once.  So I'm guessing the newer one's must not be quite as durable but are lighter in weight maybe?  I did look at the Alaskan game bags website but I really don't see anything called Northern so I'm somewhat confused.  They show a "transport" bag which looks like more of a heavy matertial but that's not what I have.  So I might actually have the other version.  Perhaps Cory could explain it better?

Here is a pic of the Alaskan game bags in action.  As Corey stated they are a once use bag.  I don't mind spending $10 on a set of bags, they are lightweight and do a good job.

Attachments

• packing.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back