Go Pro

Garrett Weaver

Dec 28, 2012
Anyone use a Go Pro for filming there hunts, looking for suggestions on using it. I have one mounted to my bowsite and it seems to work fine for now..

I have one. They work great. The only drawback is that the lens on the GoPro makes everything look a lot further out than they really are. All-in-all though I've seen soem cool video of guys archery hunting with the GoPro rolling. I put mine on while rifle hunting this year. Shot my deer with it on, but with the buck at 150+ yards out you can't see the deer at all in the footage. Cool video cameras though!

Garrett Weaver said:
mulecrazed, 
                Do you have problems with the sound on it?
I haven't, but that's probably because I bought a microphone for it. Without the microphone the sound isn't the best, but it's not horrible.

I am seriously thinking about a GoPro.  I don't want to spend the money for a hero 3 black.  for the price of the white I could get the older hero 2 with accessories which most reviews say is just as good as the silver with 1080 and 11 mega pixel photo.

If you have never seen Solo Hunters tv look it up.  By far my favorite show and much of it is shot with a gopro

BullHunter said:
Just purchased the GoPro 2 Outdoor edition for this upcoming season. Hoping it will work great.

that's what I am looking at.  same price as the hero 3 silver with all the accessories.  many reviews have said it's just as good too.  they each have their own advantages

I just mean how far will you actually get quality footage? It I take a 40 yard shot, will it show up on film?

Fullabull said:
I just mean how far will you actually get quality footage? It I take a 40 yard shot, will it show up on film?

Oh I think it definitely would.  Just would be a close up.  pretty much have the same view has your eye

yeah the ones before the hero 3 (hero, hero 2) the water proof case has a built in fish eye lens which is pretty cool for action shots like that

I use the Hero 2 as a second angle on most my hunts that I film, they are great little cameras. But you do have to be really close to get any footage, check out the my video here lots of the shots are with a Gopro. 2 of the bulls were under 20 yards.. But I had the widest angle setting on the camera which makes it seem further away..

[vimeo]http://player.vimeo.com/video/57274739[/vimeo]

GameSlayer said:
I use the Hero 2 as a second angle on most my hunts that I film, they are great little cameras. But you do have to be really close to get any footage, check out the my video here lots of the shots are with a Gopro. 2 of the bulls were under 20 yards.. But I had the widest angle setting on the camera which makes it seem further away..

sweet video.  the definition is great and the cinematography and editing you did is great.  better than most shows on tv.  that could go on right now without a change.
that one bull at the end definitely looked a little closer than 20 yards on the video.  looked like he was right in your face.  good stuff. 

Mountain Bowhunter said:
GameSlayer said:

sweet video.  the definition is great and the cinematography and editing you did is great.  better than most shows on tv.  that could go on right now without a change.
that one bull at the end definitely looked a little closer than 20 yards on the video.  looked like he was right in your face.  good stuff.

Thanks, yeah the last one was prob 10ish the wife was filming him with my big camera, she wasn't too happy when I didn't shoot him... Just didn't work out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back