Going vegetarian before archery season

BrentLaBere said:
There is an article in the new bugle magazine about this. Thought it was an interesting read on how he struggled and went hunting.His point was it bought him time when he was busted. He believed it made a small difference giving him the opportunity to make the shot he normally wouldn't have before they turned and stormed off. I will be eating elk jerky to get my mind right on the 9 hour drive next week. To each their own! good luck to all, the season is so close.

I just read the same article in the september issue of bugle. It was an ok article but didn't provide me with any solid facts scientifically to sway me. The bull that he shot could have just hung around that much longer for whatever reason, and not neccesarly because of his diet.  Besides, just reading how tough it was for him while he fasted from meat just made me realize how much more Copenhagen I would need to go through an expierecne like that.

It might not be a bad idea. After 2 weeks of no meat your predator instincts would be so sharp you would guarantee killing an elk. lol

I need lots of energy to hunt..Hunting while hungry and dehydrated is not healthy or good for the mind.

I thought I would try it once, I worked at a Chinese restaurant so only ate the vegetable dishes, spoiled it as soon as I got to camp, (venison over the campfire, bacon for breakfast) so kind of wasted my time... but I actually killed an elk that year !!
Don't know if it was the diet, but kind of like sports "superstitions" its only crazy if it does not work !!
Actually after a few years w/o an elk I might just try it again...or not...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back