Got My Illinois Deer Tag!

otcWill

Aug 15, 2017
I know, I know. I should be thinking about elk, but I got my deer tag in the mail the other day and I just can\'t get them IL WT\'s off my mind! My buddy has been sending me reports of outstanding deer numbers and sighting of 15-20 bucks at a time, most of which would be over 125. The property we are hunting was never set foot upon last season. Last time I was there two of us shot our best bucks and I expect the same this year. That will be my criteria, my best buck or pass. I\'m pumped!! Anybody else looking past elk season already?

I think you already know I am......

I\'m fired up for my elk season, but I dream day and night about monster whitetails in Oklahoma......

Good luck to you, Will. I can\'t wait to see your results.

Nov. 6-16 It will be a good one. WT hunting is so refreshing after stomping around the mountains for a month!

\"otcWill\" said:
Nov. 6-16 It will be a good one. WT hunting is so refreshing after stomping around the mountains for a month!

:upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

I\'ll be in Oklahoma 9th to the 22nd. Those big boys will be hot on their feet....

NJ this year too?

Nov. 6-16 should be a great time, Will! Are IL tags for nonresidents by draw or over the counter?

I will be purchasing my three NE Whitetail licenses real soon.
Looking forward to that too!

I\'m ready to go! Aaron Johnson is coming out to hunt with me the same dates as you, Will! Look forward to a great camp and camaraderie. I also look forward to seeing what everyone else puts on the ground. 150\" or bust!

Good luck everyone!

What part of Illinois are you going to be hunting? One of my good friends family has land around Newton. I was able to go up there and hunt. Absolutely love Illinois hunting but another state is slowly taking its place. Best of luck to you on your hunt. You should hit it just right.
This is the buck I killed I almost let him walk.
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->FB_IMG_1424637825824.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1424637825824.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 311
Nice Will. Sounds like you will have a great hunt. :upthumb:

150\" or bust! Heck guys I\'m happy when I see a 100\" up here in the boondocks. :lol:

\"F M\" said:
Nice Will. Sounds like you will have a great hunt. :upthumb:

150\" or bust! Heck guys I\'m happy when I see a 100\" up here in the boondocks. :lol:

I know you have lots of other plans in work, but some year you will have to try out Oklahoma!

Or we can both meet in ND. Don\'t let North Dakota fool you..... there are some great bucks out there.

I will keep it in mind Dan. Maybe after I get the other hunts done that I\'m planning. I do want to hunt somewhere that I will at least have a chance to see a good buck.

Southern IL. Tags are draw but almost guaranteed. Tag came in the mail yesterday, thus the excitement. I don\'t have anything planned for NJ this year but you never know. I think Dad and I will do some pheasant huntn in North Dakota instead.

150\" or bust? I should enforce that on myself because I am huntn some of the best WT ground there is. There\'s been a few famous deer taken from the area and a couple in the vicinity of 200\" are taken and kept secret every year. Still, not sure I\'ll be able to let anything over 135\" or so walk as that is probably 10\" bigger than anything I\'ve killed. Either way, I\'m gonna have a heck of a good time! Good luck to all you huntn whities this season!

Hey Rick, I hope Aaron kills Elvis!

With your limited time out there, Will, I don\'t blame you at all.

Now if you lived out there and scouted them like you do elk......

Then I\'d be looking forward to your 170s ;)

I can\'t wait to get cameras up and see what I can chase this year!!

\"otcWill\" said:
Hey Rick, I hope Aaron kills Elvis!

That would be awesome! I\'d be happy for him and we would hug and high five and jump around like five year olds. Would be nice to see if he\'s still alive. :)

He\'s just a legend and somewhat mythical ever since that photo of him in 2013. You\'ve seen him.

Even more odd things have happened. The 180\" buck I killed in 2012 was a solid 150\" buck in 2010 and I had 1 photo of him. He disappeared from any cameras and nobody laid eyes on him. Then, like a ghost, he appeared on a nice and chilly late October morning and I killed him.

My concern with \"Elvis\" is that he was at least a 6.5 year old in 2013. This would put him at 8.5 this fall. We can only hope... and that\'s what makes it all so exciting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back