Havalon Knives

Mountain Bowhunter said:
ghost said:
You will NOT regret it. And if you don't want it after you've used it a few times I will buy it from you. So there, nothing to loose. Bet you won't sell it though.

haha well that settles it.  yeah I have my bark river for wood and tough stuff and I plan on having the havalon so I will always have a super sharp skinning knife even though I keep the bark river shaving sharp.  The bark river will probly never see blood, only wood.

If you are going to carry both anyways, you could use your Bark River for making the first cuts up the legs and across the body. Then use the Havalon Piranta for the actual skinning. That will save you some blades as cutting through the hair/skin dulls the Havalon blades quite a bit.

ghost said:
If you are going to carry both anyways, you could use your Bark River for making the first cuts up the legs and across the body. Then use the Havalon Piranta for the actual skinning. That will save you some blades as cutting through the hair/skin dulls the Havalonblades quite a bit.

probly a good idea

If you are worried at all about breaking blades the new Bolt and Torch have the 60A blades which are a bit thicker.

Backpack Hunter said:
If you are worried at all about breaking blades the new Bolt and Torch have the 60A blades which are a bit thicker.

yeah I am thinking about one of those so maybe i won't go through as many blades.  Of course I really like the elk handle, which looks alot like the torch, but takes the normal 60XT blades

Haven't had the Bolt or Torch in my hands yet. But when it comes to hunting knifes I won't buy any of them that is not orange. I have lost more knifes than I care to remember.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back