how are the workouts going ???

tkruk

Dec 28, 2012
We are on our 6th week of crossfit training. We are doing it 5 days a week. Every other day we do tabata training. Tabata really helps our cardio. Lost 16 pounds so far and gaining some muscle for the first time in my life. How are the rest of you doing.

Good to hear of your achievements so far. CrossFit is unbelievable.Stick with, you'll be happy you did.  I am still skiing hard and working on my stretches and moderate weight exercises. Come April, I start CrossFit again and as soon as the snow melts I'll be on my mountain bike and hiking with a weighted pack. And when on the road (which is about 10-12 days a month) I will do TRX and Insanity mixed with my own form of CrossFit. I will hammer down until about 2-3 weeks before my first hunt. Then just work on cardio and maintaining what I have. I want to reduce the chances of injury so I won't increase weight or do anything new.

running in the mountains for the past month and a half going great started going to the gym doing group work outs on cardio. :)  need to drop maybe 10 more lbs. months ahead of schedule.

Just got done with a 2 mile hike with a 40# pack in 4 fresh inches of snow then follow up with the dumbbells for 20 minutes. 14lbs down 25 more to go

Lost 13# so far, 21# to go.  Lifting and cardio almost every day.  Congrats on your job well done.  Keep it up!

Been running and lifting with a mix of some crossfit stuff and down about 8 pounds.  Been pushing myself harder everyday.  Want to drop about 12 more pounds and keep up the wieght lifting and cardio until season starts! Wish I could afford a membership to a crossfit gym to learn more.

eight weeks down and I've lost 21 pounds only 12 more to go. Still doing the crossfit going to start running as well this week to start getting ready for the half marathon in june. Sounds like everyone is doing well keep it up the deer and elk are not going to get any slower.

Minus 1 Achilles' tendon.  Offseason workouts not exactly going as planned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 0
Been there done that farmboy!! At least yours is earlier in the year than mine.  I was playing basketball and had it stapped.  Mine was at the end of march.  I was able to go hunting that fall, but going up hill is a little difficult at first. Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Good to see everyone's workouts on here.  I've got some friends who do Crossfit and they love it but I stick with the triathlon thing.  Usually do an Ironman every other year so that means none this year but will probably do a 1/2 Iron race and several shorter ones.  Training for them definitely makes climbing mountains a lot easier!  Hope everyone's training goes well.

Lol Primitive!  I was playing basketball too.  Went down like a sniper shot.  Not one of my smoother moments.  Funny thing was I stretched really good and warmed up slowly.  Had already been playing hard for at least an hour before it snapped.  Can't wait to get off the couch.  I don't know how some people spend their life sitting around watching TV.  I've been under house arrest for a month and a half now and I'm literally going insane.  Gotta get mobile again.

finished week 12 of our exercise program. We've been going 5 days a week before we teach school each day. Plan on doing it until we go elk hunting in september.

Rich Z said:
Just got done with a 2 mile hike with a 40# pack in 4 fresh inches of snow then follow up with the dumbbells for 20 minutes. 14lbs down 25 more to go

Keep that up Rich and those elk in Colorado will not stand a chance!

ran my first 5K of the year the other night in 21:53 my fastest time since I was in college in 1977. still doing crossfit 5 days a week I'm at my goal weight already and I run my first half marathon next saturday.

Down below 190 now. sitting about 188.  about 10 more lbs to go.  goal is now to be 180 by mid june.  running 2 miles in 14:28 now which cuts about 45 seconds off where i began in January.  Running a 5 k in June.  I'm feeling really good about the results.  I run 2 miles with intervals of sprinting followed by 5 mins on a heavy bag and bodyweight exercises one day and follow with weights and jump rope the next.  I ride my bike to my appointments in town as well. Cannot wait to get out after the elk this fall with my improved health! 

Good job everyone!

Played for games of full court basketball last night then weren't on a five mile run through the hills at ft Knox, went for a hour run this morning who knows what tonight will bring, maybe the weight room.

After 3 weeks at National Guard training and another 2 weeks of vacation to Mexico I'm finally getting started back up again....ugh!

weight lifting this morning did Corey's workout from the elk university DVD. Going for a walk thru the woods with my 60 pound pack checking my trail cameras then shooting my bow this evening. 45 more days til I leave for CO. Getting fired up now.

I'll have to admit to hitting a little mid summer swoon over the last month - work, vaca, yada yada, but its time to gut it out.  No excuses!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back