How big is this bull?

Lou, do you happen to have the breakdown of measurements? I\'m still in shock that it was only 305\". Just curious where I am off... :think:

BTW Lou, \"that\'s a solid 300 bull you took!\" :lol:

Truthfully a great bull though, I wouldn\'t ever hesitate to shoot!

COhunter, I don\'t have a working scanner anymore but in a nutshell, he has 45\" main beams, which aren\'t all that bad. (My 353 bull has 53\" mains) Everything else is pretty symmetrical except for the 5ths. This is one of those \"inch here and there\" bulls. Add two inches to each main beam, an inch to the G1-G4, make the G5s symmetrical by adding 6\" to the right, and he\'s a 325 bull, give or take. Add a half inch to each mass measurement and a couple inches to the inside spread (which is 37 5/8) and he\'s a 330.

That\'s the thing - when looking at a bull in the trees, nobody can tell if his brows are 13 or 14\". The fourths on this guy are 17 5/8 and 15 4/8. If they were 18 and 16, nobody could tell. The thirds are 11-7, but 12-7 wouldn\'t be noticeable. So many variables.

My hunting partner killed a bull once that we call \"Little Big Man\". We\'d never seen him before and called him in in a hurry. Perfectly symmetrical, beautifully shaped 6x6. Except he shrunk on the ground and was only maybe a 230, if that. I know plenty of hunters who would have called him a \"280\" if they saw him in the timber, just because of the perfection of the rack.

Members online

No members online now.
Back