How many pins on your Elk archery rig?

Muddy bull

Jan 2, 2013
I have recieved grief for this for years, but I run 2 pins. One at 30 and one set for 50. My reasoning is any "close" shot is a no brainer. A 40 yard opportunity a simple pin split. I won't shot past 50 these days. Works for me and I like the uncluttered view when shooting.

I use a 4 pin sure loc. Gives me from 20 to 50 yards while hunting and the ability for longer shots in the off season when you want to have a little fun.

I have the G5 XR gives me 3 set pins at 20,30,40 and 1 floating pin set at        50 -70 I wouldnt take a shot longer than 50

with moving to a 70# bow I am five pins but only use 4 or them out to 60 yards. I practice going to 70 but don't think I would take that shot..

Black gold Ascent here as well I have the 5 pin 20-60 and then can slide it out to 150 yards for those trick shots at the range.

ElkManDan said:
Black gold Ascent here as well I have the 5 pin 20-60 and then can slide it out to 150 yards for those trick shots at the range.

You must have a long draw length? What are your bow specs?

8 pin limbsaver prisim  30 to 100 its a ton of fun to shoot long. and come time to kill at close range it makes you much more stable in my opinon

Currently use the black gold ascent..  They are great sights and can find replacement parts when the horses don't cooperate..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back