how many states do you apply in?

Just my current residence of Idaho.  One issue is the additional funds and a second would be how to figure out a hunt and time away.  I have enough challenges with just one state.

I started applying in multiple states a few years ago and added Wyo to the list starting last year.  Right now it is

Idaho
Utah
Wyoming
Colorado
Arizona

Just don't tell my Wife :-X

Started playing the points game on western states 20 years ago and might be another 20 'til it all ends. Still building elk points in WY, CO, UT, NV and AZ. NM gets an annual application from me as does my home state of ID. So I guess it's 7 or 8 elk apps annually in addition to a couple deer apps.

I'm pretty fortunate that I get to hunt on reservation land and have the ability to hunt in either NM or AZ with one tag, also get to hunt CO for pretty cheap as well 8) . I'd like to try Wyoming some point.

Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, & Colorado. I've been thinking about Oregon as well just haven't put in there yet. Good luck to everyone this year!

This year I have increased to 10 states as I will finally start building points in Nevada, Iowa and Wyoming.

AZ-Elk
NM-Elk
Utah-Elk, Moose
Wyoming-Elk, Pronghorn
Oregon-Elk, Deer, Pronghorn, Sheep
Idaho (home state)-Elk, Deer, Pronghorn
Montana-Elk
Nevada-Deer
Wisconsin-Bear
Iowa-Deer

Just Oregon and Idaho.  I live in Idaho so its pretty easy for me to get a tag there and i used to live and hunt in Oregon so i put in for oregon as well.

Just NM now.
I burnt/gave up my points in other states and don't bother anymore since we have such great elk quality and numbers nearby 8) .

Just one, my own. Idaho.
I'm not going to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do but sometimes I wonder how the drawing odds would be if everyone wasn't applying in multiple states every year. 
Anyways, good luck to everyone this year in whatever drawings your apply for.

I will be doing a OTC in Washington as the archery draw hunts do not exist for the area I hunt.  I will apply for the raffle this year, would be awesome to pull an additional bull tag so I would have the option of a late season cow.  It will be a few years before I start running around to other states.  I will probably start with Oregon and maybe Idaho in the next couple years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back