lighted arrow nocks

turbo1967

Jan 4, 2013
lighted arrow nocks now legal in Montana and am ready to upgrade, what brand to use or to stay away from and why. Thanks for any input>

Lumenok.... I've tried the others that pass by a magnet adhesive'd to your bow, but at steep angles the magnet can pull your arrow/broadhead off rest when your at full draw causing all kinds of problems. I didn't like that type, the ones you seat against a string are much better IMO, which lumenok do.

Tried some Lumenoks last year and never got past the testing at home stage.  I preferred the red over the green, but there were times I would activate the nock when placing the arrow onto the string.  Didn't want to have that happen in the field.

I've been told by quite a few people to avoid the Luminocks. For the very issues mentioned in the previous posts, false triggers and resetting after triggering. Everyone has told me that the best option are the Nocturnal lighted nocks. But, if you shoot carbon express (maxima 350's for example, very popular) the easiest option are the Carbon express Launch pad lighted nocks. Reason being, they are molded exactly the same as the standard nocks that come with carbon express arrows. This is important b/c how hard or tight a nock "snaps" or "clicks" onto your bowstring affects arrow flight. By using the carbon express launch pads, you can simply install them and shoot. Remove the bull ring and it is within a gram of original nock with the red Red Bull ring. Oh, and resetting the launch pads is easy! No magnets or buttons to poke thru a tiny hole. Just pull out away from the arrow shaft and they turn off. The nocturnals require poking a tiny button through a tiny hole in the nock. Another reason to shoot the launch pads if you have carbon express arrows is that you can have one or two arrows with the lighted nocks and some without because they fly the same. With that said, I've been told by many that nocturnals are the best, but they snap on your bowstring a little tighter so arrow flight will be noticeable outside 30+ yards! So if you choose nocturnals, great nocks, just make sure you put them on all your arrows. Another difference between nocturnal and launch pad is their weight. The nocturnals are a couple grams heavier than the launch pads and also a couple grams heavier than your standard nock with bull ring. Again, not an issue if you put whatever brand on ALL your arrows.  I'm no expert, just sharing what I've been told, and what I've experienced! Good luck and shoot straight!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back