Looking for some tips

Hycntryhtr

May 30, 2013
My question to all of you is, do you stick with a chest, back, day and a leg day, arms and shoulder day.. Etc.. Or do you do a  full body workout everyday, also which do you think is a better way to go?
Right now I'm doing seperate parts, with cardio in between. Right? wrong? And go!!!

It totally depends on what your goals are. Are you wanting to bulk up and get stronger? Are you wanting to maintain health and fitness? Your end goal will determine the best workout for you. I personally like to do a full-body, circuit-style workout, with cardio after and on my off-days. This keeps all my joints and muscle groups working together, like they need to do when I'm elk hunting. It increases endurance more than strength, which fits nicely with my goal. I can hit the gym 3 days a week, and still stay in great shape, and spend less than an hour a day working out.

Just my thoughts... :)

i only lift a couple days a week but i do cardio and yoga core work every day not always the same cardio Bike hike ride run i rotate to save my knees i mostly run but do the others to relieve stress on my knees.

buglelk said:
It totally depends on what your goals are. Are you wanting to bulk up and get stronger? Are you wanting to maintain health and fitness? Your end goal will determine the best workout for you. I personally like to do a full-body, circuit-style workout, with cardio after and on my off-days. This keeps all my joints and muscle groups working together, like they need to do when I'm elk hunting. It increases endurance more than strength, which fits nicely with my goal. I can hit the gym 3 days a week, and still stay in great shape, and spend less than an hour a day working out.

My workout is quite similar.  I like getting in a good circuit workout rather than certain areas on certain days, but my goal is endurance on the mountain.  I think that I have seen the best results with a circuit style workout, but that is just based on what my end goal is.

I don't want to get big.. I just want to be able to make 4 trips at 10k ft and not die after the first load. I love squats and deadlifts, hate running but feel good afterwards, but like you I worry about my knees. I do all treadmill and stationary bike till the weekends, then I try to shed hunt and get a trail run in. Keep em coming!! Liking what we can all learn from eachother!

i did get a total gym reccently i havent used it yet but am planning on trying that sucker out soon my only issue with a tread mill is you never get anywhere lol

Yeah, my wife told me about a crossfit gym close by, so I went to it.. It's was like going to see the wizard.. Still doing my intro classes, but love it. Also signed up for the boulder 10k so I have to get my a$$ in gear.

buglelk said:

This is pretty much how I work out. However for days I can not get to the gym I have one of these. Flip it 5 times, hit it with a heavy sledge 10 times, jump up on it 10 timesthen shoot a 6 shoot group. Do 5 sets. It will take it out of you. You Crossfit guys if you have the space for one you're local tire shop will give you one for free.

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back