looking for wild hunted meat

michaelrf

Nov 18, 2020
I'm interested in buying wild elk meat. I know there are online stores but I'm not sure how I would verify the meat came from a bona fide hunt -- (not canned or farmed.) So, interested in buying privately from someone.

I'm not able to hunt on my own this year.

Thanks,
Michael

As an FYI, I believe this is very illegal for someone to do. I don't think someone that has harvested an animal can sell you anything. They can donate meat to you, but selling is a no go.

Elk Noob said:
As an FYI, I believe this is very illegal for someone to do. I don't think someone that has harvested an animal can sell you anything. They can donate meat to you, but selling is a no go.

Elk noob is right.  Wild game hunted and harvested under state or federal regulations cannot be sold.  Only used for personal consumption. 

In Wyoming, if you're donating it to an individual there are other regulations you have to abide by such as getting a interstate game tag etc... 

First post is asking for something illegal?
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Army of Dad said:
First post is asking for something illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it funny how it is people with 1 post that come in here asking all kinds of stuff that makes no sense. For instance, if you look at the main elk hunting page. I have a post on there about boots. Some ?female? with one post asking about boots for women, with misspelled words and the name like Rajiv or something. ?Click-bait?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back