Meat donation

Kmbingham92

Dec 30, 2012
How many of you eat all the meat you kill? How many would consider donating meat? FHFH has processors all over the United States and now Canada to donate meat to those less fortunate than many of us. I coordinate the Utah chapter if anyone is ever interested. You must donate fresh kills to our licensed meat processors. I use Clay Meier's in Draper and Arnold's in Ogden. Had 40-50 deer donated this past season.

I eat everything I kill, but we do have a local outfit that does the same thing. A few of my friends have used their services. It is nice to see the meat going to good use.

i hunt for meat so I eat everything that I kill.  I get most of the meat ground because you can use ground meat for so many things.  My favorites for venison are chili and also we make a killer spaghetti of homemade sausage meat sauce using ground venison and pork with various spices and orange and yellow bell peppers.  One of the best things I've ever eaten

I would but what I have been told by charities here that I have to pay for the processing and buthcering before I can donate. Trying to give meat away shouldnt cost me money. So I enjoy it and some friends and family will get meat.

Garrett Weaver said:
I would but what I have been told by charities here that I have to pay for the processing and buthcering before I can donate. Trying to give meat away shouldnt cost me money. So I enjoy it and some friends and family will get meat.

agreed.  is it not enough that you want to give them food?

FHFH will pay for the processing as long as they were able to raise enough funding to pay for all the donations. Meat processors usually process the meat for a reduced cost as well. It always helps when hunters take the initiative and help out with funding if they can afford it. Some states take a $1 from every license sold to go towards this processing. No luck with this in Utah yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back