Pack choice?

ElknastyT

Dec 30, 2012
Right now Im using the eberlestock blue widow and actually really like it. Its pretty cool because it slims down to about 2000 and expands up to 7000 (roughly) So its a great all around pack.

Has anyone found a pack that they really like?

I love my Mystery Ranch nice frame with the Crew Cab bag because I also love a pack that can expand out and the nice frame is great.  Can carry any size, shape, or weight load and I can strap in my bow and rifle.  It's amazing how comfortable it is

I have a preference for a few different Kifaru packs depending on the style, length, type of hunt I am going on. The main thing is fit and therefore comfort.

I bought a Mystery Ranch Longbow this year and love it! Packed out 2 loads of boned meat with no problems. 1 was 94# and the other was 88#

Have a Eberle Just 1 and its a solid mid-priced pack, but I don't like how the expansion is off the back and it just doesn't seem to fit my long torso very well...Been looking at the Kifaru's but haven't pulled the trigger.

Big Tex said:
Have a Eberle Just 1 and its a solid mid-priced pack, but I don't like how the expansion is off the back and it just doesn't seem to fit my long torso very well...Been looking at the Kifaru's but haven't pulled the trigger.

also check out mystery ranch. the nice frame is completely adjustable to fit any size torso and waist.  I am tall also (6'4") and it fits me great and is ridiculously comfortable with weight.  I have the crew cab and it will go from 15 liters all the way out to 82 liters (5000 ci). I also added the daypack lid which adds another 900 ci.  and the giant center space can haul just about anything

Mountain Bowhunter said:
. the nice frame is completely adjustable to fit any size torso and waist.

The Nice frame is only 21" tall so unless your torso size is (roughly) around 18" or less you will not have functional load lifter....unless you use one of the larger bags ie. the 6500 etc. due to the load lifter attachment points being higher.

I currently use the Sitka Bivy 30 and it works great.  Im also looking into the Oregon Packs Works.  Looked like a great pack as well.

Love my Mystery ranch 6500 for the long trips. Also like my horn hunter for day trips

Blue widow with a duffel. I can spike camp a week at a time and the pack will pack out more than you will want to handle oh yeah it's comfortable to wear.

Diesel said:
I am very interested in trying one... The light weight of the carbon frame...

If you find you don't like the KUIU another option is the Stone Glacier packs. They also have a lightweight carbon frame, but with no contour.
Kifaru has their lightweight bikini frame or their carbon composite stays for their non duplex series of packs.
Tenzing is coming out with their carbon frame as well, but it appears you will not get usable load lifters out of their arrangement so real weight carrying capabilities will be limited.

Thanks for the info..found that most of those packs are either made locally or sold locally

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back