Painting Arrows

cnelk

Mar 23, 2017
I like to paint my arrows so I can see them better in flight.

This is how I do that:

I put a piece of tape just in front of the fletching and another down the shaft a bit

Then I slide them into a small box with the tape right on the edge

First layer is white - I can spin the arrows to get good coverage.
Then I use a bit of fluorescent orange at the top

Once dry to the touch, take them out let dry completely

Remove tape and DONE!

Do you scuff the shaft before you paint it or just wipe it first with denatured alcohol?

Any particular brand or type of spray paint that holds up well?

mtnmutt

I like to swipe the arrows with a Scotchbrite pad and then I wipe the shafts own with alcohol [ not rum or whiskey]

I buy the small craft paint spray can and they last forever

Thanks. That is what I do when I refletch my arrows. Painted arrows will help out when I switch to shooting 3D in the summer. Cool idea.

I have never done the wraps.
I do know that this way does not interfere with the removal or install of fletching.
Its a \'one & done\'

Some people may say its too much white and animals can see the arrows, maybe - maybe not, I dont think I have had a problem with that.

I also take off my quiver when doing cold call setups

Good point on the refletching. The wraps certainly don\'t allow for one vane replacement. As for all the white, I just don\'t think it\'s an issue.

Bob, with all white fletching I\'d say the X is the cock feather? At least thats what I\'ve done before.

White is my preference.

There have been times I also write the year on my shafts.

Why do I number my arrows?
Because if if one starts to have flight issues, I can keep track of it and fix if necessary.

I have heard of numbering your arrows to keep track of flight characteristics. I just have been too lazy to do it....

I took Brad\'s advice and painted a few arrows. I found that Lowe\'s Valspar spray cans gave them a quick and dripless coat, with no need to rough up the shaft.

Since its winter time and that means \'gear\' time, I thought I would bring this thread up again...

Thanks for bringing this post back up Brad. I don\'t paint mine but may have to give it a try in the future. But I do mark my cock feather with my brand, B Lazy V ( B<) .

Back