Re: Sitka Giveaway!

lang said:
Bull from couple years ago.  He was found by a friend a few canyons away as a winterkill.

That is cool that he found that bull but heartbreaking that it was winter kill.

This season I'm really excited to learn more about calling. Last season was the first year I had the least bit of understanding and was able to get a mature heard bull within 15 yards of my buddy. He didn't have a shot but that encounter has me so excited to continue learning to call this upcoming season.

More advice I would give is start working on your calling early. Watch videos from professional elk callers like Corey Jacobson and try to mimic them.

Oh and work out as much as possible. Where I hunt there is a lot of straight up and down mountains so hiking and running can be a huge help before the season.

I took my brother on his first hunt and he actually spotted the heard this buck was with. It was so cool bringing my family along on a passion we didn't grow up doing and see him get excited for the spot and stalk and jumping right into field dressing!

I took my brother on his first hunt and he actually spotted the heard this buck was with. It was so cool bringing my family along on a passion we didn't grow up doing and see him get excited for the spot and stalk and jumping right into field dressing!

I took my brother on his first hunt. we went for elk in the morning and antelope in the afternoon and he actually spotted the heard this buck was with. It was so cool bringing my family along on a passion we didn't grow up doing and see him get excited for the spot and stalk and jumping right into field dressing!

I'm also excited to take my dad hunting this year for his first time. I found hunting after moving away. My brother came out last season for his first elk/antelope hunt and it was awesome to see him excited from spotting the herd, putting a stalk on them and jumping right into filed dressing a nice buck!

1. Tell us what states you applied for this year and what tag you hope for the most

I have only applied to Oregon this year. I hoping to be able to go pronghorn hunting for the first time.

Advice tip; Elk hunting is exhausting physically, mentally and emotionally. When you want to give in, remind yourself that while it's tough, it doesn't suck....working in an office sucks, elk hunting does not, stay in the woods.

There was a technical issue yesterday. I'm going to add some posts that were taken off accidentally in the order they were posted. These individual posts will count for the members.

Stonemason "What did this?  Lots of bears in the area but this does not look like a bear scratch..."

COLOelkman "I'm most excited this year about trying to help a buddy get a bull in WY as it's been probably 10 years or more for him!  He drew a tag I had a couple years ago and I'm looking forward to going back to help him probably more than for my hunts!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back