really?

Don K

Mar 31, 2014
Happened today, yes that\'s a fresh pour of 12 inch concrete shes sitting in.( Friend of mine took the picture.) No wonder roads are costing so much to make these days.

Can you imagine what shes saying on the phone? \"Um dear I\'m pressing the gas pedal but its not going anywhere\"

Attachments

• Concrete.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 265
I believe it. You wouldn\'t believe some of the stuff that has happened while we are working on the roads. :shock:

i do Civil eng stuff...roads and bridges.

thankfully in 18 years, i have not met a person like that..

but on a \"real\" note..i know EXACTLY how this is going to play out. that lady is going to get her car fixed cleaned, repaired, replaced..whatever. just because she will blame the lack of proper traffic notification. i hope the contractor is bonded. :)

we set up our detours and closure to make sense to the dumbest person on the road.

I\'m a civil engineer in MO, and some of the things I have seen over the years sometimes just makes you shake your head....one of my professors and early mentors always had a response to things like this...\"You just can\'t fix stupid\" :haha:

A couple of thoughts here... :geek: :geek:

As Charlie\'s professor said and I have said numerous times \"\"You just can\'t fix stupid\"... :downthumb: :downthumb:

Now you understands why our country is in the mess it\'s in... These folks are allowed to vote... :mock: :mock:

I saw an older lady sitting in a late 90s Cadillac in 12-18\" of fresh concrete last summer. It was a couple inches above the rocker panels. I was curious what they do with the car. Seems like it would be a total loss and it would be a race to get it out before it set!

Conc takes hours to set. :). The regular stuff at least. The new hot rod mix designs can be much faster. Those would glue a car in. Super expensive so usage is rare. Only in places that have to he opened to traffic by daylight.

I\'m going night shift tonight to help out. I hope and pray I don\'t meet a bad driver.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Another one bites the dust!!! (or fresh concrete)

Attachments

• wiiner.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 123

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back