Road-Trip...How Many Hours?

?Ike?

Aug 9, 2019
How long is your drive to hunt his year...? 13 Hours, give or take this year...Audio Book downloaded, along with several Podcasts... :upthumb:

22 hours out depending on traffic in the bigger cities, we've made it back in 18 before... KY-CO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Illinois to Wyoming, about 23 hours. Wife and I will do it in 2, maybe 3 days. No rush this year, I have the whole general season.

My hunting partner this year will drive 15 hours to get to my house. Then we will load his gear in my truck and drive another 23.

Holy wow... :wtf:  I hit 80 East and it?s a straight shot!  Some of you guys are kill?n me and your dedication should be applauded!  :clap:

No matter where or how far, safe travels...

Without stops it's right around 18. I usually don't push it real hard so usually 21.

29 hours. Eastern West Virginia to Wyoming. My buddy and I  take turns and drive straight through.

5-1/2 hours from my front door to where I set up my wall tent including a stop at the Walmart in Craig for groceries and gas.

11th year making the drive.....NC to N. Colorado....28 hours. We have driven straight through a couple times or just caught a few hours sleep in a gas station parking lot. The last few years we have stopped around the 15-18 hour mark at Kansas City or Topeka and check in a hotel room. 6-7 hours sleep and a hot shower makes day 2 a lot better for arrival and setting up camp.

Last year we got there just in time for a rain to start. Put up an Easy-up that we use for a cook tent and put in the cots. Slept like babies and finished camp the next morning. Every year it plays out different!

Wow.  A lot of you guys really travel. The areas I hunt are between five minutes and maybe 45 minutes at most. I guess I'm lucky. :-D

nclonghunter said:
11th year making the drive.....NC to N. Colorado....28 hours. We have driven straight through a couple times or just caught a few hours sleep in a gas station parking lot. The last few years we have stopped around the 15-18 hour mark at Kansas City or Topeka and check in a hotel room. 6-7 hours sleep and a hot shower makes day 2 a lot better for arrival and setting up camp.

Last year we got there just in time for a rain to start. Put up an Easy-up that we use for a cook tent and put in the cots. Slept like babies and finished camp the next morning. Every year it plays out different!

I'm doing the stop this year....
I usually just blitz everything through, but I don't want to show up to camp like a zombie and then try to set up.

I'll likely stop somewhere in TX, then finish out strong the next day!

33 hours for me from coastal NC to SW Montana.  My buddy and I always take turns driving and we stop at night.  Too old for driving marathons.  Sadly, I will be solo this year as my buddy has a groin injury.  I'm looking forward to the hunt but not the drive.  Good luck all. 

Definitely impressive how far some of you drive! My drive is anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on the area I hunt. This year should be more of the 2-3 hour range.

No road trip for me but it use to take about 15 hrs  to get to elk camp in Colorado. Now it takes a hour or so to get to deer camp if and/or when I can get my wife to make the drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back