Semi Live from Oklahoma Nov 6th - 10th

AaronJohnson

Mar 4, 2014
Headed to Oklahoma to bowhunt the early part of the rut. Have meetings in Dallas through Thursday then headed up to my old stomping grounds in SE Oklahoma. Hoping to keep a semi-live updates throughout the hunt. Good luck to all getting out soon.

Im looking forward to your hunt Aaron.
Weather looks like it will be favorable!

Good luck Aaron! I used to have a lease outside of Atoka along the Boggy creek. If you go through OKC on your way back to CO, would you stop at Chellino\'s and bring me back 5 lbs of carne asada please! :)

I\'ll be in OK hunting this weekend also so looks like BTO will be well represented!!! Best of luck and be safe.

Russ

Thanks, Guys.

Will, Rick and I talked about it and probably not given the logistics of the deal with me flying out. It will be hard not to shoot one though!!

Aaron, how about I pick up the meat over Thanksgiving and bring back to CO?? Now you want to shoot a doe? :)

Rick doesn\'t live far from my folks and I\'ll be going right by Norman on my way to Weleetka the day after Thanksgiving. Just a thought and I honestly don\'t mind bringing it back for you.

Russ

Thanks, Russ. I\'m not in dire need for the meat and the processor I like is a 40 minute drive out of the area we hunt. I\'m really buck hunting on this trip and I have a draw hunt at the Salt Plains in December so I\'m going to try to get a doe there of opportunity knocks.

Plus, this time of year if we get the wind right it allows us to hunt really close to good bedding cover and killing a doe could mess up a good buck if he\'s close by. I appreciate the offer though, thanks again.

Just drive up from Dallas this morning and got to camp. It\'s great to see the ol\' gang. Getting ready to shoot and head to my first sit. Cool down coming tonight!

I\'ll save a lot of pics for my return. Rick has video from his stand of a legit 160 from this morning. It\'s a bruiser!!

Pope and young is my goal here!

View from the tree tonight. Sitting on a pipeline ROW with our major creek behind me to the north. Very calm this far and no sightings yet.

First night winding down. Had a few deer spook to my easy in the heavy timber but not from my wind. Starting to cool off!

Well we didn\'t not get quite the cool off we expected. Never trust Oklahoma weather!

I\'m sitting one of my favorite spots from years past just north of our main camp along the big creek. I\'ve had several encounters with a great buck we named \"compact\" in 2012 in this area. Rick killed a 146\" buck here in 2013. I\'ve got a slight northerly breeze and sky is overcast. I\'ll keep everyone posted and keep trying on uploading pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back