Site banner contest

americanbwana

Sep 3, 2017
We\'ve had some pretty good ideas concerning the banner.

Yea the one I threw together is beyond ugly. I\'m not a graphics designer.

I\'m thinking of having a contest, where the members contribute their ideas (with usable image). This would run through the end of March.

The winner would receive the latest and greatest Primos video (whatever that is).

Our theme would be around a campfire, with at least two people talking. An elk rack may be in the back ground.

Or, if you want to come up with one, then here is what we need.

250px X 96px, transparent background, as a PNG, JPG file.

Anything is better than my hacking away at a logo.

Thoughts?

I dont want to enter the contest, but would rather just put what I did in a few minutes

Click on image for a larger view

Thoughts?

Attachments

• elkmentors.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 603
Looks good Brad. I am the same way, don\'t want to enter the contest, but I found this picture which I thought would be a great banner, but I don\'t know if you could get letters to highlight on the picture...maybe in red? To me it epitomizes what this forum should feel like and should be about.

Attachments

• hunting-campfire.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 601
If possible, I\'d like to keep the image kind of small. Mobile devices may use precious data plans to download this thing.

One of the problems on other sites is the banner images are to large for smaller screens. They run off the page.

cohunter, I really like that picture. Is it yours? It has the whole camp, an elk rack hanging from the tent, and some guys around the camp fire.

I think we are on the right track.

Dana

Attachments

• Elkmentors.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 599
  • ElkmentorsSmall.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 599
Here is a pic from my trail cam that can be used

Attachments

• BK_elk meadow.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 590
I found the pic online, so I am not sure how that works as far as being able to use it or not...?

\"cohunter14\" said:
I found the pic online, so I am not sure how that works as far as being able to use it or not...?

Yeah, not a good idea.

Unless you can get permission from the Photographer???

Sometimes they will be glad to donate it, and sometimes they will ask for a license fee.

Better to use original photos/ art if possible. :think:

\"elkmtngear\" said:
Better to use original photos/ art if possible. :think:

Agree\'d.

Does anyone have a photo, they took resembling the one posted?

We need to keep this above board.

How about this? It should do until someone that knows what to do with graphics comes along.

Basically took CPW image, mangled it, added an elk silhouette, the added some text.

Looks pretty good in IE, Chrome and iPhone.

It will have to do for now.

AB

Attachments

• Elkmentors2.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 544
I just put in a request with Wildlife Photgrapher Bill Allard (BB).

He\'s provided me many photos for our decoy patterns over the years, and never charged me a fee. But I offered anyway :angle:

He usually sends me a slug of photos whenever I ask for something. Hopefully he will have something.

Well, Bill got back to me quickly. Seems he\'s not real big on taking camp photos. Sent me a couple but they are not really usable.

I\'m pretty good with Photoshop. If anyone has the components (campfire, wall tent)...I can probably merge them to create a decent image, and use that to create a banner.

Got a photo from cnelk, and combined it with some elements from some of my own photos. Not quite as epic as the one cohunter14 found, but original.

I am missing a group of hunters having a serious conversation that I can put at fireside. If anyone has a pic like that, I can borrow from it.

Thoughts? I can make changes according to suggestions.

walltent2_zpsd4898f9c.jpg

\"elkmtngear\" said:
I just put in a request with Wildlife Photgrapher Bill Allard (BB).

He\'s provided me many photos for our decoy patterns over the years, and never charged me a fee. But I offered anyway :angle:

He usually sends me a slug of photos whenever I ask for something. Hopefully he will have something.
Funny thing Jeff as I was just going to recommend BB for pictures myself. He has become a very good wildlife photographer.

\">>>---WW---->\" said:
Funny thing Jeff as I was just going to recommend BB for pictures myself. He has become a very good wildlife photographer.

He\'s my \"go to\" guy for Photos, Bill. Said he\'s been walking the dog on the new knee, and is getting ready to get the other one done! :clap:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back