slick trick standard 4 blade

rershooter

Mar 27, 2018
    I'm going to use slick trick standard 4 blade for my upcoming elk hunt. If you used them on elk, what did you like? dislike? post success pics if you got em, thanks

I've taken 3 archery bulls.  The first two were with Slick Trick standard 100 grain broadheads.  Don't have a handy pic of the first one.  Frontal shot at 25 yards.  Buried to the fletching and had about a 30 yard recovery.  Second one was a 45 yard broadside shot.  Hit slightly low and took out heart and had about a 75 yard recovery.  Good blood trails for both.  Only reason I switched to Montecs was so that I could sharpen/hone the blades myself.  Good success with the Montec this year.  Both brands fly well with my bow setup.

Shot this bull in 2012 - 47yds. Arrow stopped just inside the hide on the far shoulder

R32e0px.jpg

Shot this bull in 2013 - 15 yds hard quartering to me. Arrow sunk to fletching

Have ran the standard 1" cut 100 gr slicks as well (originals). Cut through both onside and offside ribs @55 yards on an elk. Head is still in very good shape, but permanently resides on the mantle these days  ;-)

Pros: The ferrules for the standards and magnums (both 100 @ 125) are intergahangable in the sense that 100gr standard or magnum blades will fit and not change the dynamic of the head. So if you wanted to run a wider cut later on, simply purchase the magnum replacement blades instead of a whole new set.

Blade replacement is easy if you should knick one practicing prior season.

Once tightened on the shaft they are silent, a few of the replaceable blade heads on the market tend to have a little wiggle room with the blade races that allow slight blade noise even when mounted. Not a hunt killer, but when I'm walking through the elk woods, I'm not trying to hear blades rattle either.

lastly, and this is bow dependent, they fly great. I BH tune starting at 40yds, one BH followed by one FP. If all else is good to go (bow tuned, timed, in spec etc..) I'll have little to no adjustments to make with point of impacts between the two.

In 2017 I killed this cow at 60yds - complete pass thru

So yeah, I like Slick Tricks 100gr Standards

Switched broadheads this year to the Magnus buzz cut . I shoot 125 grain heads, these fly amazing. Shot my bull at 24 yds uphill got a complete pass through :haha:

I have taken two elk with them and neither went over 150yds. Always been a fan of Slick Tricks.
243d8fda0d8813d65cf76606df8f59b6.jpg
0b6f70452d1be4a73af0881541087faa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back