solo or partner

Beastmode

Jan 22, 2013
how many of you prefer to hunt solo or with a partner. i prefer a little of both. i love hunting with my brother but he just isn't at my level as he does not know how to be stealthy and just know nearly as much as i do. what do you prefer?

Attachments

• IMGP0962.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 1
I am a little like you.  I like to go solo and have a partner from time to time. Often I will start solo and end up meeting up with the others.  Turkey is usually done in partners.

I like both, I really like hunting with my dad. I'm sure he only has a year or two left for getting out and hunting, then he will just go and be in camp and make friends. I love hunting by myself also because of the challenge and the opportunity to get places where other are not. I love to still hunt and call for elk until I find one, then go gettum :)

I perfer to go with someone and have someone in camp to talk with but I love hunting from camp solo. I love hunting with my Dad and Brothers because we all hunt the same way so you already know what to expect from them.

I cant tell you how much I'm looking forword to my ad on getting out o of
college so I can start hunting with him!!!

If i could find a good partner to hunt with then it would be great but for the most part im a solo hunter.

I like both, but with a partner I seem to have had less luck.  It would seem with a caller we would have more luck, but I just seem to get shots more often by myself. 

I am older 60, and I prefer to have a partner in camp with me. But we usually hunt alone, in the same  general area, maybe just a mile or 2 apart.

Kevin

I like a combination of both. Part of the rewarding experience is sharing those memories with someone else. But don't get me wrong, it's special if you can arrow a bull all by yourself. I would say we do about a half and half. I will say, I have had more success solo hunting, but actually enjoy hunting with a partner more.

I like both, it is the comradery that makes a great camp but it is the solo, quiet stalk that makes the great hunt.

I prefer a little of both as well. I really enjoy getting out on my own, the solitude, adventure, and freedom to do whatever you decide. I also enjoy getting together with a partner and discussing strategy, bouncing ideas of each other, and the general camaraderie.

I prefer hunting with someone for many reasons. First it is nice to have someone to talk to especially during a ten day hunt. Second it is much safer you never know when you might injure yourself and need some help. Third I have set up many times on elk and when calling it always helps to have two or more to pull in that herd bull. Fourth it helps on a pack in hunt to split the weight and only take one set up instead of both being loaded all the way. Last but certainly not least it is much better when packing out an animal to have someone with you.

Having said all that, we split up many days during the hunt to cover different water holes or wallows but at least we have someone with us on the mountain.

i end up doing both every year. i actually think i like solo more because its what i want when i want and nobody else can deter my decisions. there are times though that you have to have a caller or an extra back to pack out. for me help is always a phone call away.

Both.....sharing the experience can get another person to love hunting, like my cousin did for me.  Solo is such a test of what you are made of and an homage to our history.

Partner for sure.  Good to share the hunt with someone else but it is always good to have a caller behind you during archery season to suck that elk up close.  I have had some stuff happen with slips and falls that I am real leary about hunting solo any more.  If I do I always have a radio or phone to get a hold of some if needed.

I have hunted solo most of my life I hunt backpack wilderness solo but there are times I would like to talk to somebody. Nobody I know (friends) hunts the hard to get to places even if there is weather no matter the distance my age is 54yrs.

I always hunt solo for archery season, just because I've yet to find a buddy willing to commit to the level of preparation I'd want in a hunting partner.  It gets a little lonely after a few days in the wilderness by yourself, but I try to make sure I have plenty of elk around to keep me company. 
I usually hunt with a group for rifle season, but have gone solo.  And solo hunts always seem to be more gratifying and memorable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back