Sweet payback

wolfkiller

Apr 25, 2014
Has happened a lot to us hunting elk, get the bulls ripping and wolves move in and ruin your hunt. When we hike thru the bush I like to be about 60-70 yards behind the shooters, slowly moving thru cow calling and  the odd bugle trying to locate a bull. We were right in the elks bedroom and not a peep, I seen my buddy reach for a arrow and he's coming to full draw , I just cow called a few more times and he shoots, I heard the unmistakable wack of a solid hit and I'm instantly ripping a bugle, figured we had hiked right into the herd and he smashed a bull. Right away buddy's waving at me to come closer, I get up to him and he says I just smashed a big white wolf, 22 yards, we were being surrounded by the pack. Couple high fives and fist pumps and we follow up the blood trail, he run about 40 yards and was done. G5 Montec perfectly placed right thru him. Sept 30th and perfect hide, so we skinned him out and hiked out. Felt good to get a little payback but ruins your elk hunt. Here's a few pics. Buddy who shot it on left, me than his brother on right. Buddy holding my cow reed in pic, you know your game is on when you beat the top predator in the bush, Wapiti River Calls.
c7f94f2e428fe2506bcd92cbc2b1164f.jpg
61dafd9339977a6c67ce7f9df3c7ce03.jpg
ffcb2feaed3555dbca6855a26cadbac6.jpg

That's AWESOME. I had one almost w/ the exact same coloring sneak in on me while deer hunting last fall. As near as I could tell he was alone. Fun to see though I couldn't legally shoot him. I see a fair amount of grays and blacks around my home but this was the first "white" one I had ever reallybhad an encounter w/.

He's getting full mount done, his taxidermist was amazed at quality of fur for sept 30, said it was better fur than most wolves have in middle of winter.

Sure looks like it! That is what I was hoping you would say, nice work! 

He won Alberta Fish and Game award for largest wolf registered in Alberta last year, just got award last Saturday, so that's pretty cool, especially with a bow.
03e92cc4b139c3b3463037770efeae60.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back