The Election

Deertick

Mar 2, 2014
I really hope to get back to not having my hunting gear arguments interrupted by political ads tomorrow.

(As I age, I see less and less difference between candidates -- presidential candidates excepted -- and so I ... just want to go hunting)

i to will be glad when it over, not happy bout it, but glad. this has been a eye opener of a year for what kind of country we are now,

So what makes you so sure you will even have a weapon to go hunting with after today :mg: ????????????

I am starting a new tradition today. I am baking a cake to celebrate election day. Nothing special, white cake with chocolate frosting; no candles.

My wife voted Trump, I voted Gary Johnson. I couldn\'t bring myself to fill in the D or the R candidates, I despised them evenly. My brother wrote in Mike Rowe, My parents cancelled out each other, again.

This entire election was horrid from the get-go.

Cake will be delicious.

\">>>---WW---->\" said:
So what makes you so sure you will even have a weapon to go hunting with after today :mg: ????????????

If or when Hillary wins we want have to worry much more about our constitution... She\'ll take care of us... :shock: :shock:

Instead of focusing on the negatives of this election I took it as an opportunity for my kids to be engaged and learn something. We took turns looking up facts about the history of elections.

The cake went over well, too.

\"Deertick\" said:
As of now, 95% chance of Trump win.

I think I overpaid for ammo last week!

I bought all mine back when it was cheap I don\'t how many years ago. But I also bought some for my SKS\'s cheap a few years ago.

\">>>---WW---->\" said:

I retract my statement. Thank heaven! :tease:

I had a very strong feeling that things would end just the way they did. :D

I guess I can go dig up my guns and ammo now. :shh:

It ain\'t over till the fat lady sings!!!!

Even though I hear her warming up in her dressing room...

Will be curious to see if the lead mine closures due to \"EPA mandates\" will re-open under the new administration. Would sure help keep cost of ammunition down.

Just glad I don\'t have to start using rocks as my weapon of choice!

\"Colorado Russ\" said:
Will be curious to see if the lead mine closures due to \"EPA mandates\" will re-open under the new administration. Would sure help keep cost of ammunition down.

Just glad I don\'t have to start using rocks as my weapon of choice!

The last I knew there was only one open in the states and it was in Missouri. Did it close too or are you hoping for others to reopen?

I see the Doe Run Lead Plant is still open. You must be hoping for more to reopen.

EPA makes outrageous guidelines that are almost impossible to meet. Then all the lead is sent to China to be smelted. I am sure they do a good job of cleaning their discharge air :lol: :lol: :lol: .

We wonder why all the products from China have lead in them :think:

Terry, I thought Doe Run was the last smelting plant in US and read where it was closing(think back in the summer). Maybe it\'s a mine and all smelting is now done in China. Maybe it was a rumor and nothing substantial?

My hope was that we would still do the mining AND smelting in the USA and if Obama closed any under \"EPA advisement\" that it would be re-evaluated due to their politically motivated reason for closing.

Don\'t know much about lead. But every coal miner in the country is breathing a sigh of relief.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back