ThrowBackThursdays

cnelk

Mar 23, 2017
Everyone knows what ThrowBackThursday is yes?

This is the thread to post up pics from the past.

Anything outdoors- but only on Thursdays!

Tell a little something about the photo too

Here is a pic from 2000 and my ML bull from northwest Colorado

I like the TBT idea as well.  I'm a sucker for stories and pictures. 

I'll start with the day that ruined me for life.... my first elk hunt. 

If I would have had a film crew following me that day people would be laughing about it for years.....

I could barely sleep the night before season opener because all these weird noises were coming from around camp.... I'm pretty sure every bull in NM was outside just screaming and welcome the greenest elk hunter to the woods. 
At 3AM about 20 minutes before my alarm was suppose to go off; I shut them off.  Next thing I knew I was opening my eyes and it's sunlight out.... oops.... I guess I fell asleep and it was 7:45AM [emoji23]

I had planned on starting somewhere else that morning, but considering all the ruckus  around camp I just went right into the woods there.  I walked in about 250 yards and found this little tank.  I pulled out this bite and blow call that I had and made my first call ever with it.... next thing I knew the woods erupted and 4 bulls ran directly to me. Being Mr. Green I just froze.  I had a 6x6, 5x5, and two 4x4 within 30 yards of me just looking for me.  They figured out something was up so they ran off. 

I decided to sit that tank that night.  Being Mr Green I grabbed a treestand, sat, and about 30 minutes before sunset this guy came in. 

ddc1201b43f92d84773106a64a288d63.jpg

I was an absolute wreck after that.  I was cloud 152..... I ended up dragging the elk to the road and loading him in my truck...by myself....without gutting him because I was so excited [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

From that day on I was hooked. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a pic from our elk hunt back in 2014. No cool story to go with it, but I still love this picture. One of those reminders to myself to take it all in when hunting.

I wish we had a camera back when I was a kid but didn't... I'm sure there are dated picture in my oldest son's archives but I never had a camera until later on in life and no cellphone until 2002...

I've looked and this is as far back as I have any pictures saved...

2004 Colorado muzzleloader season cow tag... Needless to say a young rag horn 6X6 and young cow was with her...

afa48045bf3cec4ec381c66e07b7173a.jpg

9c48080b0321001ab57b24d0ef3890ec.jpg

59944574915463a1c03130916a6eb7a8.jpg

It was just about a year ago I found this gem. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add on above post that my wife likes shooting my 7 mag!

Don't have many old pictures on my work computer but found one from 5 years ago.  Took both within 5 minutes from same tree stand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back