Vane color

mallard79

Dec 28, 2012
I know everyone has their own opinion on what is.best....I have tried several and haven't found a combo I really like yet. What color combos do you use and is there a reason you chose those colors or was it random?

I have chosen colors for various reasons, but at the price of arrows, being able to find those "misses" has been my driving reason.  That being said, bright blue seems to really pop among natural foliage and easier to find than reds, yellows and some greens.

Flo orange wrap with 2 Flo orange blazers and 1 Flo yellow.  Need to find your arrow after shot and it don't work so good with camo or earth tones.  Not sure why guys do that.  If that bulls close enough to see my arrows chances r he's leaking real bad.

I have been using bright orange and green for the cock vane for awhile and have never had a problem finding my arrows.

I prefer a white wrap with white vanes. Not only can I see it better, but I can see any blood from a pass thru better as well.

Ive been using green and white for quite a few years. I just like that combo. I have heard that the bright pink really show up well on shots???

I use a blaze orange or white wrap with all blaze orange blazers. you can buy the longer wraps from onestringer.com and then cut in half to give you twice the amount of wraps (for those on a budget or saving for a hunt ;) ).

White wrap with 1 black blazer and 2 red blazers. Also like the white wrap with 1 black blazer and 2 white blazers.

I use 3 Bohning Blazers all in yellow.  I think the yellow shows up great while flying through the air and you can find pretty easy after the shot too. 

I think white and blue is the best combo...stands out in pretty much any environment any time of year...unless you're hunting in Boise State's stadium :)

Blazers 1 white, 2 fluorescent yellow. I find I can pick them up in flight much easier. Lets me know if my aim was true, seem to be easy enough to find after.

I have had great luck with plain white, and white tiger Blazers on a white wrap.  Helps with sight during flight, and recovery.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back