What are you cooking/eating?

Did a tomato sauce with home grown fruit. I love simple pasta dressings.

2567b8bb84eb5ca4a9157df9b8427607.jpg

f2a8049c3161d96d216a830beddbed1c.jpg

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Parents were in town for a few days so had to fire up the smoker and grill. Smoked sockeye salmon using alder wood. Rubbed olive oil, salt and pepper then one fillet had sliced lemon on top and the other fresh dill. Smoked about 40 minutes at 215. It was a little long but still really good. Served with water crackers, sour cream and capers. [attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->smoked salmon.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Dinner was grilled halibut steaks with a lemon and caper beurre blanc sauce, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and Oaxaca cheese, roasted brussel sprouts, carrots, green beans. For some reason, once it was ready all I saw was forks - no cameras! Sorry. BTW - IT ROCKED!!

Elky, we\'ll let you come to OK and cook for us!

Those smoked Coho salmon look really good too!

Attachments

• smoked salmon.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 278
Elk sliders on pretzel rolls with jalape?o chedder vension summer sausage :)

Attachments

• 20150920_122819.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
Elk sliders look good Dan!

Tried a new recipe last night for beer batter fried fish and it turned out pretty good - thus, no pictures! Flour, beer, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin. Lightly rolled fish pieces in flour with salt and pepper then dunked in the batter. Fried 3-4 mins at 350 degrees. Avocado crema, cilantro, cotija cheese and lightly grilled flour tortilla!

What\'s your wife going to eat Dan??? :haha:

I sure hope you are having some folks over for dinner... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back