What Bow are you Bringing to Camp in 2013?

I will be bringing the new Creed this year. First new bow in 13 years. It was a hard choice with all the great bows out there these days. What can i say Mathews is in my blood.  The element almost won me over but just couldn't  spend the extra cash this year maybe next time :D

PSE Brute X and Beaman ICS Pro hunter sticks with Shuttle T-Locks at the end to put through the body of deer and elk!

If I can draw a tag I will be taking my new Prime Defy.  They have both the Defy and the Impact new this year.  I was shooting a Hoyt Vector Turbo.  28" draw / 427gr arrow @ 291. My Defy is 28.5" draw / 417gr arrow @ 288.  Accuracy is key .  A well placed arrow will will do the job at 280 fps as good as one smoking at 320 fps.  Your fixed blaze broad head flight may get a little sporadic over 300fps. 

I will have my new G5 Prime Defy at camp this year.  Can't wait to get out in the field with this newrig.  Going to be great!

Hoyt UltraTec Twin cam @ 59# ...it's an oldie, but a goodie  :)
I am looking to a new bow but am not looking to spend $$$$$ (or ££££ in my case!), as we've a house move and a wedding within the next 12-14 months; a 2013 Hoyt Charger perhaps, or one of 2011's line

So here is an update on the Bowtech Insanity CPX. I have been shooting this bow for about 2 ½ months now. Here are specifics:

-Pulling 82.5 lbs w/ 29.5 draw
-QAD HDX Pro
-Gold Tip Velocity 300 w/ 100gr
-HHA Optimizer sight
-Truefire Hardcore MAX
-Bowjax Dampeners/String Stops

Let me begin by saying, WOW! Not only is this bow fast (crono’d at 343fps, no joke) and accurate. I am now shooting consistent ping pong ball size groups at 40 yards. Why ping pong ball size you may ask. Well at the range we shoot are there are gold tees and ping pong balls (reactive targets) that make shooting a little more fun. Plus you feel like Robin Hood hitting a golf tee at 40 plus yards.

Overall this bow has been more than I could have hoped for and well worth the money. The ease of draw, even at 82.5 lbs, is ridiculous. There is zero hand shock and this bow is about as quite as can be. I am also more than impressed with the accuracy of this bow. It is easy to keep on target but still light enough to pack deep into the backwoods. Everybody is different but after doing my research and shooting every bow on the market I can say without a doubt I purchased the bow that is right for me.

One other thing that I hope helps someone. I was worried about finding a broadhead that would fly straight and would be easy to tune. I purchased a package of the Ulmer Edge’s and put them through the ringer. Let me start by saying I am a fixed blade guy but these things passed every test with flying colors. They were shot though my bow, a PSE Axe-6, and PSE DNA at 60 yards and will all displayed field point accuracy. The one feature that I LOVE is the set screw. The ability insert the set screw and shoot the same broadhead / arrow combo for practice as well as hunting purposes w/o having to change blades to me is amazing. Plus these things are dependable as heck. Just my added two cents

Still happy with my 2006 Hoyt Trykon.  I don't usually get the latest and greatest.  I am too big of a tightwad.  Not uncommon for me to go 10 years before I start looking for something new unless something is really bothering me, in which case I shouldn't have bought it to begin with.

I got the Insanty last year.My 5th Bow tech! I love the thing easy to shoot.I got the 60lb limbs due to shoulder surgery.But now I am planning my 1st Elk hunt.So I am going to go back to the 70lb limbs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back