What Bow are you Bringing to Camp in 2013?

boom_makeraf

Dec 28, 2012
I have personally shot just about every bow that is out right now from Mathews, Hoyt, Elite, Bowtech (still waiting to see what 2013 holds), G5, and PSE to include 2012 and 2013 models. I can tell you that all have their pro’s and con’s but which one should I bring home. Right now I am leaning toward the Bowtech Insanity CPX with the 80# limbs. To me that was one of the fastest and smoothest shooting bows out there. Why the 80# limbs you may ask? Well I am not a small guy and can draw it with ease. The whole Elite line was amazingly smooth on the draw and had zero hand shock but I am looking for something with a little more speed.
Here you are shooters. What are you going to bring to elk camp in 2013 and why?

I have also shot most brands of bow, I have been shooting my bowtec destroyer, but this year I will be bringing my new Elite Answer to the party, that is if I can draw a dang elk tag down here,

I shot the Elite and loved it. It was one of the smoothest bows that I have ever shot. Plus, once you hit the valley it is like there is nothing there. I am just looking for something with a little more speed. My switchback is shooting about 275-279 with my setup. It isn’t bad and there is nothing wrong with it I just want something that is a little faster. What is your Elite shooting with your hunting setup?

I have heard that the Athens are smooth and fast. I have never been able to shoot one though. How fast is your bow shooting with your hunting setup? What is the draw like?

Won a new Hoyt carbon element bow last year from the Utah Bowmen's banquet. It is an amazing bow. Have always shot Hoyt but this bow is definitely top of its class and will be in camp for many years to come.

See I have shot the element and thought it was a great bow but to me there wasn’t a big enough difference between that and the others on the market to justify spending that kind of $$$$$$. My only question is, what kind of jig did you dance when they called your number at the banquet?

I'm hoping the new SPYDER .  it's seems like they just fit your hand like a dream!  Fast quiet and lite and if you're gonna chase bulls in my neck of the woods for the month of September lite is nice.

My only question is, what kind of jig did you dance when they called your number at the banquet?

Boom_maker, I wouldn't call it a dance but I broke the ear drum of one of my buddies sitting next to me when started screamin!

I'm a huge hoyt fan! I'm shooting the hoyt carbon matrix with 80# limbs. Smoothest bow I've shot especially at 80#'s. It's also very smooth on the shot as well. I will say that the new 2013 Mathews chill at 70#'s is ridiculously smooth. I just havnt been a big Mathews fan. Good luck on the hunt for your new bow!!

I'm bringing my Mathews Z7 extreme due to the fact that I love that bow and if your comfortable with something and are able to take game with it, Why Change it...

Hoyt vector turbo 70 lb limbs max1 camo fast fits like a glove smooth dead in the hand and deadly accurate

Mathews Reezen but thinking about picking up a PSE this year. I cant remember wich one it was but it had like a 350 IBO, shot nice and smooth.

Kmbingham92 said:
My only question is, what kind of jig did you dance when they called your number at the banquet?

Boom_maker, I wouldn't call it a dance but I broke the ear drum of one of my buddies sitting next to me when started screamin!
That is awesome man. I am sure that your friends understood.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back