What\'s in your survival kit?

Mine was built for wilderness canoeing with my daughters. So it is a bit heavier but I hope a bit more user friendly:

space blanket
bandaids, neosporine, medical tape
aspirin and ibuprofin
lighter, waterproof matches, and tinder
headlamp
two snack bars
paracord
whistle
water treat pills
small knife
compass

All packed in a nalgene bottle that keeps it dry and provides a container for water purification

Okay, so I just ordered some Quickclot for my pack and a Firesteel fire starter (in case my lighter doesn\'t work). I will also pick up some superglue next time I\'m at Walmart.

Thanks for the string, I\'m a bit more prepared this year for myself and my team (and whoever else we may happen upon) thanks you you guys!

fire starter.
bandaide
iodine swabs
water purifying tabs.
space blanket
leukotape
lighter (BIC)
pain pills
tweezer
nail clippers.

^^ from memory.

my fire starter is the size of a car key..tiny.
it has a mag bar that i can scrape from..the ferro rod and a carbon steel scraper. it is on my truck key chain 100% of the time.

i have a slightly larger one that has some trick african wood handle that i can scrap tinder from as well.

i bought it from some guy on the internet called HEMLOCK. his communication sucks, but he builds a great product.

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439928777.256451.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439928777.256451.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439928777.256451.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 253
My first elk hunt was with a long time friend. We each had our own first aid kit. He had a better one that had lots of extra items like sutures. He kept encouraging me to \"Cut Myself\". He was wanting to try them out.

I use a vitamin water bottle from a convenient store in lieu of Malvene due to the lighter weight and durability.

Everyone should listen to the Gritty Bowmen podcast on iTunes. Aron Snyder is a regular contributor and covers first aid in good detail.

As Deertick mentioned above, duct tape can be an invaluable tool. It can be used to lash a shelter, hold a wound together, craft a splint, and perhaps most importantly, hold a space blanket in place. It can even serve as emergency \"rope\".

Wrap it around something else you ordinarily carry. If you need it, it\'s always there waiting.

Duct tape, and I also put electrical tape wrapped around flashlights and pack frames. These are low cost/high reward things to do. Set it and forget it.

Duct tape is also a good fire starter. Take about 3 inches of it and roll it up real tight so it looks like a stick. Light the end of it and you have a fairly long burning match. Place a little tender over it and you are good to go.

duct tape :upthumb: I roll a mini roll from the larger roll, it doesn\'t take much space.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back