What Target do you use

Fullabull

Jan 2, 2013
Hey, I'm curious to see what everyone is shooting at when they practice. I have had good luck with the Block 4x4. Had it for two years now. Broad heads are starting to take their toll on it but my practice points still work great. Will probably get another one after this next season.

I have a block that I take on the hunt with me but shoot a 3D target most of the year. Just bought a bear for this year. The Glen dell buck with foam inserts were always good because I usually shoot broad heads most of the year unless at an indoor range.

I have a couple rhineharts - which I love because the arrows are easy to pull and they take weather abuse well. I also have a Mckenzie shot blocker, which I like because it has small dots the help me to aim small and really challenge myself. But It requires an arrow puller.

I have a few Mckenzie targets, including an elk I have at 70 yds. I also have a blob target (2x2) for all my Broadhead practice.

Whitetail bag and a DIY target from left over rags for field points and a Blob for broad heads.  Check out the blob for durability (but not portability).

right now just a bunch of foam inserts bungeed together.  It began as a crappy buckmasters target that fell apart so I took all the inserts and made my own.  I have a rhinehart ball target but I don't like it too much because it rotates every time you shoot so you can hit your arrows from the side and ruin them

I would like to try a 3D but in my backyard i'm to afraid of one of those stray shots you have when you twitch for no reason hitting a rounded edge and ending up in someones yard or worse. That is why I stick to the square targets and actually dig out a little spot for them. I should build a box for the target to sit in just in case so no arrow can ever get away. All it take is one in a thousand to get you in trouble. Right now shooting a bow in your own backyard is legal in my city, i want to keep it that way!

+1 for Rienhart.  We take the little ball into our spike camp.  Works awsome goin strong after 2 years.  All broad head shots.

Which ever one they sale without all the fluorescent greeen and yellow colors. they tend to blend in with the sights and blurr to much. Black target white dots or white target black dots. Also 3d of course.

A Rinehart 18-1 target, McKenzie 3D deer target, a few bags and a big block of foam for long distance shooting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back