What's your favorite Hunting Show?

I like watching them all, but I watch them in a different way now, more of a critic because I'm trying to get going in the outdoor TV business. I like the shows with good quality production and fair chase DIY type stuff things like, Dropped Project Alaska (Yukon soon), Heartland Bowhunter, Meat Eater. The new ones Western Hunter and Outback Outdoors have potential.. 

Big fan of On Your Own Adventures, also like MeatEater, Team Elk, and liking the new ones Western Hunter, and Outback Outdoors.

I forgot Solo Hunters has several vimeo channels where you can watch full episodes if anyone has never seen it.  I love this show!

http://vimeo.com/channels/solomedia/49361840

Meat Eater....Rinella has the right attitude about hunting, will show failures, and is a good show to watch with my kids

jbradley said:
Meat Eater....Rinella has the right attitude about hunting, will show failures, and is a good show to watch with my kids

agreed.  best show you could watch with an anti hunter or someone who just doesn't understand.  pick up his book if you haven't already.  I got it for my dad and we are both reading it, great stuff

I like anything to do with elk or mule deer hunting. So far its either western extreme or Western Hunter Tv. Both great shows

Most of the shows anymore are just 20 minute advertisements with 10 minutes of commercials in between. I don't need to hear how they looked at a critter on the "ABC" trail cam and then hiked in with their ""DEF" pack shooting with the "GHI" rifle and field dressed it with the new "JKL" knives. No need for fancy talking and big setups, just hunt! RMEF's elk show and On Your Own Adventures are the best in my opinion.

On Your Own Adventures.  I'm getting a little tired of watching shows where they pass on 10-20 bulls because they are on high dollar ranches that have tons of elk where most people can't afford that experience.  With all the sponsor support I can see why they want to film a successful hunt but it's not realistic for the average guy so I'm enjoying those shows less and less.  I usually DVR most of them so I can zip thru all the advertising too!

Randy Newberg's show is On Your Own Adventures and in my opinion represents more realistic hunting for the average person.

I really like the Dropped show on Sortsmans channel. I like the adventure hunts, and it is an hour long.

Sportsman channel has On Your Own Adventures, which I really enjoy. Randy Newberg is a great host and represents the average DIY hunter with a lot of class.

Biggsbucks said:
Sportsman channel has On Your Own Adventures, which I really enjoy. Randy Newberg is a great host and represents the average DIY hunter with a lot of class.
1+

you tube for me you can pick and choose what to watch I enjoy watching common folks like me on  diy hunts them big time tv shows I really do not tend to watch to much they always seem to harvest the biggest bull and or buck every show don't get me wrong good for you if you can spend 6,7,8000 dollars on a hunt with a top notch guide every time you hunt but I can't

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back