What's your pick for knives?

Another of WW's fine craftsmanship!  Almost too nice to use!  Almost. 

Attachments

• knife 1.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 3
I have a havalon hydra that I really like. It's the two blade version and the blades are razor sharp

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I carry a havalon for the skinning and then a fixed point for the harder work around joints and such. 

I concur with the Buck 110.

I also carry a (Buck) clip folder and the knife in the picture.  It's awesome for quick one handed hide slitting with almost no chance for puncturing things like muscles, fingers, or innards.  I don't think Gerber makes it any more, but I have seen some copies that lack the little plastic ball on the tip.

Attachments

• IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    616.8 KB · Views: 2
i dig the Havalon..great system.

but i'm not a great mountaineer, and i'm paranoid..so my one knife needs to be more substantial than a havalon if i got all up in a jacked-up situation that is making me have to stay out longer than i planned.  a real knife can become a survival tool at that point.  i carry a fixed blade when i'm hunting.

mine can strike a decent spark off my emergency ferro rod i always have..and i can use the knife to scrape up a tinder pile.  but nothing is as sharp as a havalon..no doubt.

I use a custom made D'holder Charlton Ltd Capstick African knife. Same as the pic but has an elk antler handle. Great knife. I also just added a havalon to my collection so I don't have to worry about sharpening.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 18
I bought a Havalon last year and used it to skin and quarter my bull. It worked pretty good, but I had to resist the urge to pry with it. Once you're used to it you can get going pretty good. The ultra-light weight of it is worth it to me. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back