When Do You Leave?

Four more days.  I'm jonesin bad!  Can't wait.  Even took a drive in the woods to settle my nerves. Saw a cow noise and a nice shooter whitey.  He was just standing there. Like I didn't exist. Fast forward to Saturday and he's gone like the wind!!

Kdkehoe said:
Four more days.  I'm jonesin bad!  Can't wait.  Even took a drive in the woods to settle my nerves. Saw a cow noise and a nice shooter whitey.  He was just standing there. Like I didn't exist. Fast forward to Saturday and he's gone like the wind!!

If you live in an area where you can just drive down the road and see some elk and deer the I am very jealous!

Get pictures of the whitey next time! :D

Plans changed a little in that I got the landowner ok to bowhunt cow elk with an OTC tag over Labor Day.  So, will drive from Okc to Alamosa Friday, hunt Sat am, hang cameras and another ladder stand during day, hunt Sat pm, hunt Sun am then head home.  Putting new lineman's ropes on the ladder stands as well.

Made mistake of not getting a room sooner(forgot about holiday really) so looks like I'll be tent camping this weekend!

Have an offer from Lew and Bullnuts to hunt with them a couple of days but it's a bit of a drive from the private land where I need to work on Sat to get ready for last week in Sept.  Nice to have options though!

Best of luck to everyone and be safe!

Leaving on Sept 11th, hunting Colorado near Craig. Hunting from the 16th until the end of the archery season. Gonna spend a few days stump shooting and fishing to try and get a bit used to the altitude.

Heading to Idaho on Saturday Sept. 16th. OTC Archery tag. We will be there for 8 days. Can't wait and it looks like the weather will be cooling down right about the time we get there. What a relief. This California 100+ degree weather is killing us!

Heading out in a few hours, hunting the opening week here in Idaho.  My buddies already got camping spot and little scouting done.  Starting to suffer from anal glaucoma here at work.

I leave from Wisconsin tomorrow. Drive straight through to Colorado. I will scout new trail heads all day Saturday in case I need a plan B. Then stay in a hotel Saturday night. Head into the bush Sunday morning and won't come out until the 16th unless I tag out.

Good luck boys!!

Heading out for some Wyoming public land adventures for 2 days as a scouting/hunting trip this weekend.  The big trip doesen't start until the 12th but any time in elk country is worth it.

Howdy.  Good luck to everyone and be safe!  Most of all, have some fun hunting, camping, hiking, and being in the woods. I won't leave for a while yet. My hunt is the 4th rifle season in Northern Colorado.  I really looking forward to hunting the elusive old breeder bulls that are recuperating from the rut. I expect the herd of cows, calves, and spikes(& rag-horns) to have migrated down onto private lands or BLMs by then.  Anyway, I will leave for CO from Central TX on November 9th. This will give me 4 days to scout and opening day is Nov. 15th.  Ya know what?  I will be so pumped by then as I expect ya'll to post some pictures and stories to raise my excitement level!!!!  :)  I'm grinning here thinking, as there is nothing like building some excitement prior to taking off for one's elk hunt!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back