Whitetail

Nice pic. My hunting partner and i both killed whitetails this year nothing huge but respectable.I have my eye on some big ones for 2013.

Aside from hunting elk, hunting whitetails is what I live for! 

I was fortunate enough to harvest a nice buck here in Washington this year and then another in Montana several days later. 

Attachments

• WA whitetail small.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 0
  • montana buck on the ground copy.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 2
Here is one from a couple years ago......
148573_168156623214935_5066318_n.jpg

Nice bucks. Ive only killed 2 whitetails and they were both Idaho. The biggest a heavy 130 buck . I dont have pics on this computer or Id post.

archery288 said:
That's a stud buck Dirk!  :eek:  How big are the bases on that guy?!  And north ID?

Thanks Jon, and those are some good ones you have there also! Yep N Idaho :)  Bases are just under 6"........ Wish he would have grown better eye guards!

Nice bucks, still hunting them here in PA.
this one is from last year 2011

Attachments

• IMGP6894-web.jpg
    IMGP6894-web.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 0
whitetails are fun.. here is my first with a bow...

Attachments

• deer (1).gif
    deer (1).gif
    98 KB · Views: 110
DIRK DURHAM said:
archery288 said:
That's a stud buck Dirk!  :eek:  How big are the bases on that guy?!  And north ID?

Thanks Jon, and those are some good ones you have there also! Yep N Idaho :)  Bases are just under 6"........ Wish he would have grown better eye guards!

Those bases make up for some eyegaurds lol!  That's some mass!

I have hunted whitetail a few times in Kansas and also in Idaho and Montana. Have killed one real nice eight pointer and another small one in Kansas. I could definitely hunt them each year if I had a place to hit.

I live in northern idaho and live hunting whitetail. This year my 3 year old son went with me for the very first time. We practiced whispering and using the buck grunt on the way out there in the truck. It was amazing how serious he was. We had just got say down to watch a big bench when I looked across the draw 500 yards away and spotted a nice buck. I was overcome with excitement and picked my boy up and started walking fast down the old skid road to the bench below. From the edge Of the bench to the other side was 300+ yards. At first I couldn't find the deer then I glassed him up. We got into position ranged him at 335 and shot. I missed the first but double lunged him with the second. My son was so excited. He wasn't able to go on the recovery but was in aw looking at the head with the horns when
I brought it home. So excited to have a new hunting partner.

I havn't had much luck this season in Alabama, although I mostly hunt in the mountains.  Got one in MS with my rifle. Only deer I have seen all season with my bow were on a three day solo backpack hunt that I did in the wilderness.  As I stood up to leave at the end of a hunt I had a buck charge straight  down the hill at me and dodge me at the last second.

Great photos guys!

Usually my rule is no deer hunting until my elk is on the ground.  I got my bull early in the season so I took a day to look for a deer.  This was the third largest one I saw that evening, but was happy to put my hands on him when the dust settled.

Attachments

• 2012 buck_EMAIL.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
My wife and father with two opening day 2012 WI rifle kills, both public land.

Attachments

• both deer.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back