Who uses a thumb release for hunting?

I've shot Scott sharks for 10+ years. Was noticing that I was punching my release something horrible no matter what I tried to fix it. Went to the  Scott longhorn back tension, I've been shooting it for about 8 months, and it's takin that long to get truly comfortable with it. I'm confident out to 90 yds with it no questions asked. Love the way it shoots/ makes me shoot. Can't wait to hunt with it.

I have a brand new T.R.U. Ball Max Hunter 3 (in black) that I ordered, shot a few arrows with, and then decided that it wasn't for me.  I still have the original packaging and would be willing to sell it for $70 shipped.  PM me if you are interested.

I use a carter too simple.  I have the trigger set to 4 lbs and I don't have to worry if a twig bumps it while moving.  I have a spare in the pack as well if it gets lost.  I like having my hand free to do whatever and not worry about hooking up when that moment comes to shoot.  Now I can't get used to a index finger release

I use the Stan Shootoff Quatro and shoot much better than I did with an index finger release.  I'm able to pull thru the shot using true back tension .....I'm also able to leave the release hooked up on the d-loop in a ready to grab & shoot position.  It takes some getting used to, but if you stick with it I doubt you'll ever go back to an index release.

I posted on this before, but I have to say, I shot my antelope this last weekend with a back tension.. Best release I've ever felt on an animal. There is no target panic, and if you shoot enough you mind tells you to pull through. Anchor and pull.. It was awesome. Great confidence booster after last year. Hope it all works out. Best of luck everyone!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back