Wilderness Hunting in Montana

I have several friends that hunt the BOB.they also take out some nice mule deer.Its just hard for me to take that trip when I shoot nice elk and mulies 5 min from my front door.How ever I would probly take that hunt just for the experiance if you offerd to take me for free.  ;)

I am hoping to hunt that area i the next two years as I prepare to move to Great Falls mid September of this year! I am all about wilderness hunting.

BrentLaBere said:
ridgerunner,
You made some interesting points. I have yet to hunt in grizz country and its pretty intimidating reading some horror stories. Until I am able to go with someone to help me out, Ill stick to the areas where there aren't any.

I suppose that is a wise point. I can have a tendency to lose sight of that fact that not everyone knows how to be safe in griz country. I can only respect that. I guess that is why I have the job that I do, to help people see this wonderful place, and help keep it wild.

ridgerunner123 said:
BrentLaBere said:
ridgerunner,
You made some interesting points. I have yet to hunt in grizz country and its pretty intimidating reading some horror stories. Until I am able to go with someone to help me out, Ill stick to the areas where there aren't any.

I suppose that is a wise point. I can have a tendency to lose sight of that fact that not everyone knows how to be safe in griz country. I can only respect that. I guess that is why I have the job that I do, to help people see this wonderful place, and help keep it wild.

ridgerunner123,
I would like to hear more in detail about your hunts if you would be willing to share. Maybe in a PM. Something like that would definitely be something I would like to learn in the future.

I am sure the experience is outstanding and maybe one day I will have to take you up on a guided pack trip.

I would like to know more about your outfit.Sounds like a great hunt.Been through MTa couple of times beatiful country.I probaly wouldnt want to go home.

Rick said:
I would like to know more about your outfit.Sounds like a great hunt.Been through MT a couple of times beatiful country.I probaly wouldnt want to go home.
:) You definitely would not want to go home. It is simply incredible. Every year I spend in the wilderness, the hunting just seems to get better

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back