Work out plans and weight loss for 2019

Bowhunter65

Sep 5, 2016
What is every ones work out plans and weight loss for 2019. Looking at the Mtn. Ops plan & Wilderness Athlete. I am going to be 53, trying to stay up with a 14 year son is a chore in its self. I have never had to really work out before until now. Cutting weight is my goal, cutting the old man bulk. I still consider my self in good shape at 53, but need to not hurt.

What supplements do you guys recommend.

Please give what your ideas are for 2019.

I am a carpenter for a large hospital and I run a small archery target business, finding time is to work out is hard. Lucky to a large fitness gym at the hospital where I work. So taking a 1 1/2's after to work to work. 

Thanks;
Terry

Something for everyone to remember is that you cant 'work out' a bad diet away.

It all starts with what you eat.

cnelk said:
Something for everyone to remember is that you cant 'work out' a bad diet away.

It all starts with what you eat.

^^^  This.  I'm down 20lbs to 185 since the start of 2018 thanks to diet changes, working out 3-4 times a week and playing adult league hockey when in season another 2-3 times/week.  Looking to lose another 10lb or so in 2019. 

I definitely noticed the difference in hiking the hills from last season to this one.

Look at iHuntFit.com they design a custom workout or nutrition plan or both for exactly what results you want and what you have for equipment whether in a gym or at home with minimal equipment they can design a plan for you it a great price a lot cheaper than most other programs and works no bs just mountain ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try cutting out all sugar and processed foods for at least 1 month. I mean ALL SUGAR. They put the stuff in absolutely everything so you have to be on your game when it comes to eating. Read labels. Don't eat anything that has sugar added to it. Stay away from grains and dairy while you're at it. Think, WHOLE FOODS. I guarantee you'll see excellent results if you stick to this for 30 days. If you want to keep losing the weight, try to extend it another couple of weeks.

Since you don't have a lot of free time, this will take some getting used to. The hardest part for me was planning out meals. You have to plan your meals because if you try to grab something in a rush, it's probably going to be something you shouldn't be eating. A typical day for me would be: Breakfast - bacon & eggs, Lunch - turkey or some other protein with nuts and fruit, Dinner - burger without the bun (better than it sounds) and some sort of veggie or fruit to go with it. You can snack on almonds or something between meals. This is just to give you an idea. Once you stop eating all that sugar, whole foods actually start to taste good again.

If you can find any spare time to throw in some weight training or walking/running, it will really kickstart that weight loss. If you don't want to be hurting when hunt time comes, I'd advise lots of leg workouts.

Your main source of protein should be quality food, but if you want to supplement, I'd go with some whey protein (making sure it doesn't have added sugar). No need to waste your money on the latest workout "plan." If you put in the work to eat right and exercise when you can, you'll get what you're looking for. There's no easy way around that.

You'll be running circles around your 14 year old son in no time! JUST DO IT.

I just take a simple multivitamin, fish oil, and glucosemine. 
I used to take a preworkout, but I switched to just a cup of black coffee before I go. 

It seems like everyone has already covered how important it is to keep your diet in check, so I won?t beat that dead horse. 

The biggest thing that I?m focusing on this year and starting to recommend to other people is to stretch more.  I actually hurt my shoulder a little before my season started going into this year.  I?d been working out so much without properly stretching/warming up and over time it messed me up. 

This year will be the same as always... trying to achieve new levels of ?craziness? so I can hit the mountains running.  I just want to be fully capable for whatever this next year may bring. 

Will turn 57 in 2 weeks. 6'1", 210lbs, same as in college. Never eat fast food, no booze, no soft drinks, quit smoking ( 5 cigs a day habit) last December, still use Swedish snus though, no cow meat, only wild game red meat, real butter only, whole grain bread only, never work out, taking care of my property replaces that. Never have a problem at altitude, pace myself. Quartered and hauled out 2 bull elk in an 18 hour span last month in Colorado. Lucky? I consider myself very fortunate. Only pills I take are Turmeric with Ginger and Curcumin, 3 a day.

On my second year using the EXO Mountain / Atomic Athlete FREE backcountry workout plan.  Available on the EXO website.  It has three levels...last year I did all three over a 5 month period with weight training on the in between months.  This year I'm doing it 5 times...about to finish level 1 for the second time (20 lb then 30 lb pack), and plan to do level two with a 40 then 50 lb pack, and "graduate" doing level 3 with a 60 lb pack by August.  I'm 50 and only started doing mountain specific training last year...it helped tremendously in the ID mountains last year...this workout plan is doable by anyone in my opinion since you can scale it for your abilities.

f16woody said:
On my second year using the EXO Mountain / Atomic Athlete FREE backcountry workout plan.  Available on the EXO website.  It has three levels...last year I did all three over a 5 month period with weight training on the in between months.  This year I'm doing it 5 times...about to finish level 1 for the second time (20 lb then 30 lb pack), and plan to do level two with a 40 then 50 lb pack, and "graduate" doing level 3 with a 60 lb pack by August.  I'm 50 and only started doing mountain specific training last year...it helped tremendously in the ID mountains last year...this workout plan is doable by anyone in my opinion since you can scale it for your abilities.
Agreed. Great free program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The month of March is my downfall, always put weight on, not as active. So time to shed pounds again. Need to dump 20-25 lbs, sucks

Keep your eyes open here Friday regarding weight loss/physical goals...
We may have a contest coming :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back