2014 Meat Pole Thread - Elk

Well done to all you sliver slingers out there this year.
Now its time for me to get the black powder smoke pole down and get ready for the buck hunt.

Here is one of the bulls I called in that ceetoo put down. Awesome bull! Green scored at 339 and change DIY public land herd bull. To give some perspective the G3\'s were almost 19\". It was hard to get some quality shots late in the day with the long shadows. Oh well..

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,420
  • photo 2.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,420
It\'s nice to see so many good bulls this archery season.... :clap: :clap:

Great bull, Craig and ceetoo... :upthumb: :upthumb:

My Sons bull from unit 61 here in Colorado this fall. Not the best bull we saw, but the one that gave him the best shot.He made the most of it. I on the other hand will humbly eat my tag soup, but will remember this hunt for the rest of my life. Opportunities at multiple bulls that would have thrilled me to death in any otc unit, but held out a little too long for the toad I have dreamed about forever.I did have the chance,but underestimated the yardage & watched as the little sharp stick sailed just under all the sweet stuff.Video hopefully to come later as we got both Dustys successful shot :clap: & my \"airball\" :cry: Thanks for all the great tips & info from Brad & Bill & all who I visited with.Hope everyone takes the time to give thanks for the opportunity to pursue this great sport we call hunting & just to enjoy the outdoors we love so much.Congrats to all who scored!! Some outstanding animals on the meat pole this year!

Attachments

• Dustys Bull 2014.jpg
    Dustys Bull 2014.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,372
Great Bull Dave, Congrats to your Son!

Punching the tag is just a small component of the hunt. I\'m glad to hear you had another great Season in the elk woods! :clap:

Im glad the hunt was memorable Dave!
61 is a great unit to witness alot of bulls, and rutting activity.

Dusty should be very proud of that bull! Its a dandy!

Members online

No members online now.
Back