2014 Meat Pole Thread - Elk

Congrats to all! Here\'s mine from this year; otc, public land, solo. Called in to 4 yards. Had to shoot him in self defense! Frontal did its job, 25 yard recovery

Attachments

• 2014 bull.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 752
Congratulations to all of you successful hunters.
I got back home yesterday afternoon, without an elk. I probably needed to read a book on tree stand hunting. I spent about 250 hours in a tree and saw 3-5 elk. I may have seen the same bull up to three times, so I am not sure. I think my total for 29 days of hunting was four elk and mostly out of shooting range. The elk were just not where I was hunting. Slightly to the north the hunters had somewhat better success, but I was not prepared to compete in that area. I got a forked horn buck early. My friend took some pictures, but has not e-mailed any.
I learned a few things this season that I look forward to shering with you at a later time. I understand that Brad started a thread on that subject, so I will add to it when I get an opportunity. Right now I am busy moving back home.
Again congrats to all of you successful elk hunters. I have always had somewhat green eyes. Now they are very green.

\"Swede\" said:
I got back home yesterday afternoon, without an elk. I probably needed to read a book on tree stand hunting. I spent about 250 hours in a tree and saw 3-5 elk. I may have seen the same bull up to three times, so I am not sure. I think my total for 29 days of hunting was four elk and mostly out of shooting range. The elk were just not where I was hunting. Slightly to the north the hunters had somewhat better success, but I was not prepared to compete in that area. I got a forked horn buck early. My friend took some pictures, but has not e-mailed any.
I learned a few things this season that I look forward to shering with you at a later time. I understand that Brad started a thread on that subject, so I will add to it when I get an opportunity. Right now I am busy moving back home.
Again congrats to all of you successful elk hunters. I have always had somewhat green eyes. Now they are very green.

ouch! thats a lot of time staring at the trees. I applaud your patience. You must have learned a thing or three from your study of Job. :)

the place has been kinda lonely without your contributions, so welcome back John.

Great bull Will! Would love to hear the story.

Swede, good to have you back! I was beginning to worry that the bear from your book came back to get revenge on you :D

GREAT bull WIll... :clap: :clap:

\"Swede\" said:

I have a box stand that overlooks a valley that I\'ve nick named \"the valley of death\"... Normally at least 2 good bucks are killed there each year... Not last year.. Didn\'t even see one... Tried to get my ol\'est grandson one last year but none were seen even durin\' the time I was alone in the stand... He want\'s to kill a good one and I\'ve told um I want shoot another un in the valley til he does kill his... Of course I got 2 other shootin\' lanes to watch while I\'m there by myself... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So my guess on stand huntin\' is ya gota be there at the right time and sometimes the right time doesn\'t occur when ya are there no matter how long it is... ;) ;)

Nice bull Will congrats. :upthumb:

Swede can\'t wait to here about your trip and what you learned this year.

Another great bull Will!! Way to go! :clap:
If you have a story to share now that would be great, but if you would rather wait and submit it later this winter, Im sure it would make for some great reading then too!

Who is this Swede guy?

This is my youngest son\'s bull he killed last week. Green scored 321 1/8.

We had a good bow season this year. Except for old dad, but that is ok, it\'s just means the world to me to be able to share it with my 2 boys.

Attachments

• IMG_0944-001.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_8472-001.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 735
NOW THAT\'S A BULL, bullrub!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Congrats to ya son... :clap: :upthumb: :clap: :upthumb:

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:

needless to say he was one very happy young man.

\"bullrub\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:

I bet he was... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ya don\'t see that kind ever day... Public or private land????

Nice bulls...September 2014 isn\'t over and I\'m ready for September 2015. You guys are making it rough on me.

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
\"bullrub\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:

I bet he was... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ya don\'t see that kind ever day... Public or private land????

we only hunt public ground.

\"bullrub\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
\"bullrub\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:

we only hunt public ground. There out there on public land you just have to find them. I have hunted this area for 40 years, and that helps a lot. But that don\'t mean the big one\'s are always there either.

Members online

No members online now.
Back