2018 Other Big Game meat pole

scotttgill said:
This 200 pounder and two cull deer (doe and a spike, no pics). We are eating really well this year.
Excellent Scotttgilll!
Nice kill shot too.

scotttgill said:
This 200 pounder and two cull deer (doe and a spike, no pics). We are eating really well this year.

Well done!!!! Between that and the venison, I bet you guys are eating well  :upthumb:

Put these two ladies down on the UT opener August 1. Not the best pic but I was in a rush.

Top goat had one long messed up horn. I think she was past her prime.
bb2e3e149ceaf3518fe654b64c9d366b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy said:
Put these two ladies down on the UT opener August 1. Not the best pic but I was in a rush.

Top goat had one long messed up horn. I think she was past her prime.
bb2e3e149ceaf3518fe654b64c9d366b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great job! Those are going to be tasty!  :upthumb:

Took off early on Friday expecting this past weekend to be the highlight of the whitetail rutting action.  Got into stand Friday afternoon and listened to the constant dropping of acorns into the leaves and somehow knew it might be slow on the food plots even with a feeder.

Finally, after about an hour in the stand, I hear leaves rustling behind my ladder stand.  I sit still waiting and expect to see a couple of does but instead......2 P&Y racoons emerge from the briars and head to the feeder.  As I'm contemplating sending an arrow their way, coyotes start yelping and these 2 flee the scene.

About 20-30 mins later, I hear leaves rustling again.  If same racoons, one's getting shot I tell myself!  But I can tell there's more than 2.  Finally able to see movement to my left and it's a nice sized sow with a few 20-25 lb'ers in tow.  She's approaching the feeder but really nervous.  Gets out of cover then darts back.  I just sit and let her settle down some then out into the open.  They're all hitting the corn but she's still on edge.  Finally get a good opportunity and draw.  Settle my 20 yard pin just behind the shoulder as she's almost broadside and let it fly.  She wheels to one side and runs but only makes it about 40 yards before piling up!  WOW!  I'm shaking and telling myself I made a great shot. 

As I sit there, the footballs are all together about 30 yards behind my stand in some briars.  Not 100% sure of everything in my way but it's mostly clear so I draw and settle my 30 yard pin on the group and WHACK - drilled one of the little ones.  Only have 1 arrow left so didn't try to get anymore of the little ones.  The hogs aren't too bad where I hunt but we have an agreement to not let any walk if possible.

Get down to check out the sow as shooting light is over and call buddy for help.  She apparently wheeled to the side as the arrow was on it's way - hit her well behind the last rib and arrow came out by opposite shoulder and neck(can see blood on neck and that's the exit wound).  I have a 32" draw so arrows are full length.  About 8-10" of arrow and broadhead were showing with the rest in the cavity.

Will have to re-fletch 2 arrows but worth it!  Never saw a deer even within rifle range.

Way to go Russ! Nothing like having some pork laying around to mix in with that big whitetail that you are about to shoot  :upthumb:

I finally filled a deer tag. He's got short points but is 17" wide. Nicest buck I saw while hunting all season. I can also tell you he was heavy because I had to drag him 3.5 miles back to the car. 8" of snow helped a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back