AFFORDABLE PLACE TO HUNT ELK

bschunter1

Jan 14, 2013
DIDNT GET DRAWN FOR ELK IN ARIZONA MY KIDS DID BUT SINCE THEY HAVE BECOME ADDICTED TO ELK MEAT THEY DONT SHARE LIKE THEY USED TO.  SO I HAVE TO  GET SOME ELK MEAT ON MY OWN SO I CAN STOP BEGGING.
SO EVEN IF IT IS A COW TAG BUTV AFFORDABLE I AM INTERESTED

define affordable...i live in washington. here, if you are hunting over the counter for 2 weeks, you might see a handfull of animals. we talked to a bioligist in idaho about a deer hunt...he said the numbers are down...meaning you might only see 30 deer a day. here in washington, i might see 30 animals in a month. a slight over exageration...but only slight. bottom line is, it is more affordable for me to work 1 of those 2 weeks of hunting, and buy a 400 dollar elk tag(2020 price) for idaho and only hunt a week. cost dollar average.

A cow only tag in Wyoming or a OTC 2nd season rifle in Colorado. Start checking out the states websites, not hard to find.

Cost for a non-resident cow tag in Wyoming is about $300.  Only option now is the leftover draw - application period is 6/22 - 6/26 with results scheduled for 7/9.  Once the leftover draw is completed, then they will sell the tags remaining on a first come-first served basis. 

A word of caution though... If there are tags still remaining after the leftover draw, there's usually a reason.  Most common one is little to no access - looking at you Area 6.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back