Board heads

As many have said - shot placement is key regardless of the broadhead. For me... fixed blades is what I use. More specifically - Slick Trick 100 gr.

RockyMountainHi said:
Mechanicals not legal in Idaho either and I have been a Slick Trick follower.  I know that others work great as well, but I don't see a need to mess with something that is working fine for me.

So true. It may sound like I'm drinking the Slick Trick kool-aid but..... I honestly can't think of how you could possibly improve upon this design. The blades are incredibly Sharp and Damn near indestructible. The ferrule is made of steal not aluminum and pretty much bullet proof. The fly like field tips and have as much cutting surface as a mechanical yet is way stronger and tougher.

In 2011 I shot my bull quartering away. It punched through a rib when it entered, proceeded to quarter up through both lungs and went right through the bulls offside shoulder blade before sticking in the hide.  The 30yd blood trail was intense. Best part was the ferrule was perfect and has since killed two more 2 with it. The blades were not bent just dulled. Since they are replaceble blades I threw them away.

Shuttle t's the last 3 seasons,innerloc's,muzzy,thunderhead over the years,killed bulls with all of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back