Broadhead of choice

Another G5 Montec 100.  I've killed elk with them and the Slick Tricks.  My hunting buddies shoot Muzzy's.  I wouldn't hesitate to use any of the above.  Whatever you shoot best and have confidence in.

I shoot 125 shuttle T locks.  I?ve killed all my elk with them.
I did buy some single bevel broadheads that I may try this year

NEOregon said:
I have shot several different broadheads throughout the years (Muzzy 3 blade, slick trick standards, and most recently g5 montecs). I might try wac em this year. So far shooting them into a target they have flown great. The reason I might switch from montecs is because I feel they aren't the sharpest. Does anyone have experience with wac em broadheads? What I question most is their durability.

I killed a bull this year with a 15 yard frontal shot with a 4 blade wac em. Arrow went all the way in and disappeared. I was impressed and will use them again this year.

I'm using Montec G5's.  I very much believe in a cut-on-contact design even for heavier bows but prefer 3 blade design for wide open bleeding wounds as I'm red/green color blind so I want as big a wound opening as possible.  Very satisfied with their performance.

Currently I shoot Slick Trick 100's but this year Im thinking of tinkering with what I have and looking at other heads.

I use the Magnus Black Hornets but have been checking out the Bone and Kudu broadheads for this year.

I'm considering: Slick Trick SS Magnum, Innerloc Falcon in the "normal" price range. Iron Will and Solid Broadheads in the "premium" range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot slick trick standard 125 this year and shot an elk. It bleed well and did not go far. They shoot great. I have read the 125 standard is best on elk, better than the wider version they offer. I like them.

the wasp drone 125 have great penetration and durability, and the sharpness is top notch. I might try their new havalon wasp broadhead, but unfortunately they only have them in 100 grain at this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back